Why become a member? ×

I love it when a plan comes together...Fenderbird content ahead...

Muzz

OK, so I've been working on this one on and off for a long time, and it's pretty much finished for now, and I'm really, really happy with how it's turned out - it looks exactly like I wanted it to (was going for the 70s T-Bird/Fenderbird look), and sounds really good too. EPi T-Bird body, naturally reliced (AKA bashed about a bit), fantastic neck pocket done by Steve at PMT in Salford (tight as a tight thing), MM J-neck with shonky 70's Precision decal (still got the Epiphone neck plate proudly on there), Hipshot ultralites with D-Tuner, Hipshot Supertone bridge, Dingwall pickups under the covers, CTS wiring with pull-serial on the tone knob.

[url="http://i1293.photobucket.com/albums/b585/MTM133/photo_zpsebe2a12f.jpg"][/url]

I might rewire with a 4-way switch for Neck-Serial-Parallel-Bridge like my Dingwall, and I may even pick up a Warmoth neck when I'm in the States later this year, but that's about it, I think.

Edited by Muzz

Well, this one's been a work in progress (albeit one I've gigged quite a bit in the meantime) for a good while, it was only the flats I put on it recently motivated me to get the thing more or less finished. Black and maple sounds really nice (most of my other basses are this colour combo) - any pics?

[quote name='Muzz' timestamp='1358897584' post='1946944']
Well, this one's been a work in progress (albeit one I've gigged quite a bit in the meantime) for a good while, it was only the flats I put on it recently motivated me to get the thing more or less finished. Black and maple sounds really nice (most of my other basses are this colour combo) - any pics?
[/quote]

I`ll stick up a pic when I get it looking decent. Still got some finishing to do on it.