Why become a member? ×

A review of the D'Addario/Planet Waves NS Capo Lite by Milton.

MiltyG565

Here we are guys, the answer to the question none of you asked! Video- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVdkkTHNMkw

Ok, so i find this capo very cool. It's slim, light and well made. At just £10, you can't be bad to it. It's got the usual rubber around the inside to protect your neck, fretboard and also, to stop it just slipping off or having to over tighten it to get it to grip. The great thing about this little thing is the thumbscrew, meaning that you only ever need to apply the exact amount of pressure the strings need to be held against the fret, which means none of the strings are pressed sharp from being pressed too far down (a big issue with electric guitars. It's not something we experience so much with basses). So, right off the mark, it's cheap, well made, solves and obvious issue. cool. I'm sure you all know that a spring loaded capo tends to put a guitar out of tune, because you don't have control over how tight it goes, it will just go as tight as it can (unless you get one with a tension control, but more about that another time).

Like most capos, it has a curved top for guitars with rounded fretboards, so it might not work well with flat fretboards. A bad point about this capo is the inability to store it somewhere handy on the guitar, as most guitarists like to clip it on to the end of the headstock for handiness. This can't so that, because it doesn't clamp down far enough. It's not a big issue, but it would be good to have it handy when playing a gig or whatever. However, not needing to retune after putting this capo on will almost certainly save more time than it takes to get the capo and put it on. The lightness and slimness of it means that it won't imbalance your guitar, or hinder your playing much, if at all.

So there we are, all the reasons i could think of for and against this product. On the whole, it's a definite yes, and i wouldn't hesitate to recommend it. I would give it a 9/10. It's a great product, and i think we would be hard pushed to find a better capo at £10.

[quote name='MiltyG565' timestamp='1358864323' post='1946210']
Ok, thanks. Didn't quite know where to put it :(
[/quote]

No worries,

Things that you fit to a bass are generally accessories (pickups, strings, capos). It's no hassle moving stuff every now and again.

There's actually a review section on here too that it may be worth having a look at (then feel free to start a thread that just let people know that a new review is up. :)

[quote name='charic' timestamp='1358864822' post='1946221']
No worries,

Things that you fit to a bass are generally accessories (pickups, strings, capos). It's no hassle moving stuff every now and again.

There's actually a review section on here too that it may be worth having a look at (then feel free to start a thread that just let people know that a new review is up. :)
[/quote]

Oh right, ok, thanks :)