Why become a member? ×

Yamaha BB2005 5 string WITHDRAWN

bassmanady

Hi All,

Selling my Yamaha BB2005,which I have owned for around 18 months,and its been one of my favourite basses.

This is a slight feeler because the bass boost/cut control cuts the frequency but only boosts to one level from the centre detente,but the bass is still very usable by boosting the bass frequency from the amp,if needed.
Controls,Volume,pickup pan,bass cut/boost,treble cut boost,mid sweep,mid sweep on/off switch.
34" scale neck,18mm string spacing at bridge
Body alder with maple top,rosewood fingerboard.

The bass is in very good condition,no buckle rash,just a few very small dings here and there.with one on the back of the neck behind the D string 2nd fret,it is very small but enough for the thumb to slightly feel it,so worth the mention.With the arch top and rounded edges its very comfortable to play,especially for slap playing.

Set with a low action and has an excellent B string, the build quality is superb,as they were over £1000 to buy new 10 years ago...review of the 4 string version in Bass guitar Magazine June/July 2003.

It weighs 10lbs,balance is good,and according to the serial number made in 25/06/2003.

As mentioned this is a slight feeler to see if there is any interest to buy it as is,then the buyer can upgrade with their own choice of preamp,or get it repaired.

withdrawn for now,feeler over with,thanks for the interest and offers

Cheers Ady

Edited by bassmanady