Why become a member? ×

FT: Shuker custom 4 string SOLD

Jamesemt

I custom ordered it from John Shuker in 2009 and finally received it in 2011...but thats another story. It was made to be similar in sound and neck shape to my customised Sadowsky Jazz, but I've found its a bit too similar and is not getting played, my Sadowsky has been gigged too much to ever part with it.

[attachment=126034:Best2.jpg]

[attachment=126031:_NIK0381.JPG]

[attachment=126032:_NIK0383.JPG]

[attachment=126033:_NIK0384.JPG]

It's based on John's 'horn' shape but is a 33'' scale. Flame maple neck and maple cap body.

The neck shape was made using my Sadowsky Jazz and a maple SX Jazz as a reference, and feels very nice and fast to play. The back of the neck has Wenge and Paduak accents and has a carbon twin truss rod.

The EQ is a bit special - I managed to get hold of the schematic for a Fender Precision Special (early 80s) and John commisioned a copy of that circuit. 2 band boost and cut, I really like the EQ and have it in my Sadowsky. Switching between active and passive with the EQ set flat doesnt seem to colour the sound too much.

The front pickup is a P pickup in a soapbar housing, so really the bass is a P/J.

The active/passive is on a push pull, the 12th fret has an LED in the middle which glows red when the bass is in active mode. The top edge of the neck has white LEDs which are operated by a switch on the back of the bass.

Weighs (I think) 8 3/4lbs. Comes with a custom moulded Shuker case.

Only negative is the treble pot is a bit scratchy and could possibly do with a resolder.

Car repairs force sale £900.

I can meet up along the M1 once the weather gets better, or you are very welcome to come here and try the bass - I've got an Ampeg PF500 setup or bring your own amp. I'm just outside Hull.

Edited by Jamesemt

• 2 weeks later...