Why become a member? ×

Headless 4 String Fretless Unlined + Gigbag...Poss. trade.

mybass

mP3 soundclip is available by email. The bass was recorded direct through a Yamaha desk, no effects of compression added, just the straight DI signal.

I would be interested in a trade on this bass for a Markbass 3 and Markbass HF 2x10 (single front port, not the Traveller)

A four string headless bass with some very nice pieces of wood involved in it's build......
Old mahogany wood on the back with a very nice 'sheen' to it. A very nice piece of black walnut on the top.
The neck is a 5 piece maple/wenge 34" scale with a Macassar unlined ebony fingerboard which is excellent for fretless bass
with large 3mm side dots. (Macassar is very often used for double bass fingerboards, not quite as 'hard' a sound as black ebony).
Two Seymour Duncan pickups (non active) with volume, pan and tone controls.
The licensed tuning mechanism with the end string retainer (which is slightly marked) was bought as a 'seconds' unit so I can't say this part is new.
(New complete units were extremely expensive when I was looking as opposed to these licensed units).
I've built quite a few basses as orders and for myself over the past 18 years as a 'part time luthier', aside from keeping up being a full time player.
The body design was taken from the top bout of a P bass with my own lower bout design with the 'violin' type cutaway.
A correct size 'headless' Warwick gig bag is supplied with the bass.
It is lovely to play, big sound with these pups, strong sturdy neck with two strap holders at the end for choice of position/angle of the bass when worn.
The bass has sat around the 'bass cupboard' at home for 3/4 years now so it looks like I'm not a headless bass player! (sic)
Visitors welcome to try it out through some Markbass gear.
Considering parts cost and labour I would be looking for ........

NOW £700

Edited by mybass

[quote name='mybass' timestamp='1359210689' post='1951608']
This bass has quite a bit of eye catching wood involved......
Old mahogany wood on the back, black walnut front, maple and wenge neck.
34" scale with Maccassar ebony f/board and side position dots.
Seymour Duncan pickups (non active).
The licensed tuning mechanism with the end string retainer (slightly marked) was bought as a 'seconds' unit so I can't say that part is new.
(New complete units were extremely expensive when I was looking).
My part time 'luthier' projects both for orders and to make my own instruments led me to build this headless bass.
The body design was taken from the top bout of a P bass with my own lower bout design with the 'violin' type cutaway.
A correct size Warwick gig bag is supplied with the bass.
Lovely to play, big sound with these pups, strong sturdy neck with two strap holders at the end for choice of position.
The bass has sat around the 'bass cupboard' at home for 3/4 years now so it looks like I'm not a headless bass player! (sic)
Considering parts cost and labour I would be looking for £745 O.N.O.
[/quote]

bump

This bass has quite a bit of eye catching wood involved......
Old mahogany wood on the back, black walnut front, maple and wenge neck.
34" scale with Maccassar ebony f/board and side position dots.
Seymour Duncan pickups (non active).
The licensed tuning mechanism with the end string retainer (slightly marked) was bought as a 'seconds' unit so I can't say that part is new.
My part time 'luthier' projects both for orders and to make my own instruments led me to build this headless bass.
A correct size Warwick gig bag is supplied with the bass.
Lovely to play, big sound with these pups, strong sturdy neck with two strap holders at the end for choice of position.
Considering parts cost and labour I would be looking for ........ NOW £700
[/quote]

BUMPING

A four stringer headless bass with some very nice pieces of wood involved in it's build......
Old mahogany wood on the back with a very nice 'sheen' to it. A very nice piece of black walnut on the top.
The neck is a 5 piece maple/wenge 34" scale with a macassar ebony fingerboard which is excellent for fretless bass
and has 3mm side dots. (Macassar is very often used for double bass fingerboards, not quite as 'hard' a sound as black ebony).
The licensed tuning mechanism with the end string retainer (which is slightly marked) was bought as a 'seconds' unit so I can't say this part is new.
I've built quite a few basses as orders and fro myself over the years as a 'part time luthier' aside from keeping up being a full time player.
It is lovely to play, big sound with these pups, strong sturdy neck with two strap holders at the end for choice of position/angle of the bass when worn.

Bump

A four stringer headless bass with some very nice pieces of wood involved in it's build......
The neck is a 5 piece maple/wenge 34" scale with a macassar ebony fingerboard which is excellent for fretless bass
and has 3mm side dots. (Macassar is very often used for double bass fingerboards, not quite as 'hard' a sound as black ebony).
I've built quite a few basses as orders and fro myself over the years as a 'part time luthier' aside from keeping up being a full time player.
[/quote]

bump

The neck is a 5 piece maple/wenge 34" scale with a Macassar unlined ebony fingerboard which is excellent for fretless bass
with large 3mm side dots. (Macassar is very often used for double bass fingerboards, not quite as 'hard' a sound as black ebony).
(New complete units were extremely expensive when I was looking as opposed to cheaper units).
I've built quite a few basses as orders and for myself over the past 18 years as a 'part time luthier', aside from keeping up being a full time player.
[/quote]

BUMP

• 2 weeks later...

(New complete units were extremely expensive when I was looking as opposed to cheaper units).
[/quote]

bump

• 2 weeks later...

I would be interested in a trade on this bass for a Markbass 3 and Markbass HF 2x10 (single front port, not the Traveller)

A four string headless bass with some very nice pieces of wood involved in it's build......

NOW £700
[/quote]

BuMp

• 2 weeks later...

NOW £700
[/quote]

Bump

• 2 weeks later...

(New complete units were extremely expensive when I was looking as opposed to these licensed units).
I've built quite a few basses as orders and for myself over the past 18 years as a 'part time luthier', aside from keeping up being a full time player

Bump

NOW £700
[/quote]

• 2 weeks later...

mP3 soundclip now added. The bass was recorded direct through a Yamaha desk, no effects of compression added, just the straight DI signal.

NOW £700
[/quote]

bump