Why become a member? ×

Hartke - in general?

AnalogBomb

I have the LH1000 and the Hydrive 410. Initially I had the problem about the mid range not being powerful enough- got a couple of pedals to sort- used a BMC Mid Control and/ or Cheap ten band graphic.

However once I switched the tweeter off these pedals were not at all needed. They really do scoop the sound terribly.

I have the mid control at 10 and the bass and treble at 2 - and sometimes have these at 0 if the room needs it.

[quote name='thumperbob 2002' timestamp='1359542013' post='1956229']
I have the LH1000 and the Hydrive 410. Initially I had the problem about the mid range not being powerful enough- got a couple of pedals to sort- used a BMC Mid Control and/ or Cheap ten band graphic.

However once I switched the tweeter off these pedals were not at all needed. They really do scoop the sound terribly.

I have the mid control at 10 and the bass and treble at 2 - and sometimes have these at 0 if the room needs it.
[/quote]

I found that too. The Mid on that EQ are 'cut only', so there's no way to up them; not brilliant if like me you play predominantly fretless...

A few years back I had a HA3500 head and a pair of 4.5XL cabs and it sounded superb to me, I then heard an Eden WT800 210XLT and 410XLT together at a conference and it blew by Hartke stack away! so much fuller sounding with way sweeter top end! I've never had [i]that [/i]sound since with any of my lightweight combinations :( (I've yet to try Barefaced / EAD properly though :gas: )

Edited by andydye

I bought an almost new HA3500 last year for peanuts and I absoutely love it. The valve pre gives just enough dirt when I dig in to give a very good rock/metal sound that I use for all our set. EQ is very good if you're in an unusual room, and the pre/post EQ options for the DI out are very useful for my band.