Why become a member? ×

Unidentified Jazz Bass for sale - Narrow 5 string £120 o.n.o Low Price!

lobematt

I'm selling a bass I picked up from these forums just over a year ago. I'm only selling as it doesn't get much use and I could do with freeing up some space!

I know very little about it but I'll tell you what I do know! Currently tuned E - C and has super low action, about 0.4mm.

Body is a 90's Jap Squier body (I think!) The guy I bought it from had modded it quite a lot too. It's been converted from a 4 string to a 5 string so has a pretty narrow string spacing and a strange looking bridge, I think it's called a 4+1 which originally meant that one string had to be tuned from the bridge but this was changed before I got the bass so it tunes normally from the head stock now.

The scratch plate, pick up cover, pick ups, tuners and neck are all not Squier but I don't know what they are! The pick ups are black and have no name on them. The volume knob for the neck pick up is a push/pull pot too and I'm not really sure what this does either but it definitely makes the bass louder! I can upload sound samples if anyone wants!

The neck has got a really nice flame up the back and on the head stock but it does have a small nick in the fret board, this has been filled and isn't noticeable when playing.

There's one ding in the body which is on the back and is pretty tiny, in the pic I've took the flash makes it look worse than it is!

I'm asking [s]£150[/s] [size=5][b][s]£120[/s] [size=6]£100[/size][/b][/size] Trades considered, show me what you got!!

Collection from Liverpool or can meet somewhere not too far away!

[attachment=126693:IMG_2622.JPG]

[attachment=126694:IMG_2623.JPG]

[attachment=126695:IMG_2625.JPG]

[attachment=126696:IMG_2626.JPG]

[attachment=126697:IMG_2627.JPG]

[attachment=126698:IMG_2628.JPG]

[attachment=126699:IMG_2630.JPG]

Edited by lobematt

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Hey Matt isn't this the bass you used in this cover?

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rA6R7z9Uyec&list=TL7jqE4QxhHXM"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rA6R7z9Uyec&list=TL7jqE4QxhHXM[/url]

It's not for me, I'm still working on getting to play 4 strings. But have a bump :D