Why become a member? ×

Oh No I broke it again! Well better FIX IT!

AKAK

[font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif]Hello![/font]

[font="lucida sans unicode, lucida grande, sans-serif"]I can introduce myself as a new bass player, bass being my first proper musical instrument. [/font]

[font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif]I decided to purchase a bass after mulling the idea of getting an electric guitar. So there I was standing in the shop with a Les Paul Studio but things just didn't feel right.I walked around and looked at those 'huge' guitars with four strings. I sat down and held a Fender Jazz bass..PERFECT...PURCHASED...and here I am 8 months later learning to play![/font]

[font="lucida sans unicode, lucida grande, sans-serif"]SO far I have dinged my bass, swapped out the innards for a J-Retro(which I removed promptly) and replaced the nut by myself.Currently I am working on composing and recording some of my own music.[/font]

[font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif]I am looking forward to gaining more knowledge and conversing with fellow bass players on this forum.[/font]

Hi Akak,

Welcome!
Yup! The right place. Both for learning (do searches and ask away) and for bantering.

Dunno about Mars attacks, but to me your name sounds like an eskimo/Inuit word, and thus much fitting to your avatar.

Anyway, enjoy the bass and the chat!

best,
bert

[quote name='AKAK' timestamp='1360026224' post='1963868']
[font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif]Hello![/font]

[font=lucida sans unicode, lucida grande, sans-serif]I can introduce myself as a new bass player, bass being my first proper musical instrument. [/font]

[font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif]I decided to purchase a bass after mulling the idea of getting an electric guitar. So there I was standing in the shop with a Les Paul Studio but things just didn't feel right.I walked around and looked at those 'huge' guitars with four strings. I sat down and held a Fender Jazz bass..PERFECT...PURCHASED...and here I am 8 months later learning to play![/font]

[font=lucida sans unicode, lucida grande, sans-serif]SO far I have dinged my bass, swapped out the innards for a J-Retro(which I removed promptly) and replaced the nut by myself.Currently I am working on composing and recording some of my own music.[/font]

[font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif]I am looking forward to gaining more knowledge and conversing with fellow bass players on this forum.[/font]
[/quote]

Welcome!

Ah great! 8 months- I remember when i was at that stage. I was still pretty crap (still am at the 2 year mark). But anyhow, i have a feeling you might be better than i was at 8 months... I wasn't ambitious enough to replace nuts or preamps at that stage.

Fender Jazz basses are great. I have one. There's plenty of info on here, and if you can't find what you need, just start a new thread, and usually somebody has the info you're looking for!