Why become a member? ×

Status vintage range ??

Stealth

Hello. I have a Status Vintage P bass, and it's great! Really well made instrument, with a lovely sound.

Mine is the single humbucker model. As it has both active and passive circuitry you can go from a super warm bassy tone all the way through to quite a bright hi-fi tone.

The F hole doesn't really add anything much - I guess the cavity in the body behind the hole just saves a bit of weight. The graphite neck is standard P bass width, but has a quite shallow back - quite like the Fender Precision 57 reissue.

I can't comment on the price or waiting time as I bought mine second-hand - don't even know how much one would cost new or how long it would take to deliver.

I think BCer Happy Jack has the PJ model - so if you want info about that version maybe give him a shout?

If you fancy a trip up to West London, you're welcome to come and play mine.

I agree with Matski - the Fhole is really just cosmetic. Mine is the passive model, but it has very punchy Status pickups.The split P at the neck sounds just the way a P should, the J at the bridge sounds like a good J. I hardly ever bother to blend them.

The graphite neck produces a really clean, accurate sound, basically a P with attitude. Also, it never, ever moves. I've never yet had to touch the trussrod. In fact, I rarely even need to tune it.