Why become a member? ×

Bass Guitar Magazine

Jabba_the_gut

[quote name='yorks5stringer' timestamp='1385734651' post='2291661']
I looked through the Basses under £500 section for the relative weights of the different instruments. Some had the weights, others hadn't. Why? Surely if you had them all in to photograph, it takes seconds to hang them on a luggage scale and weigh them all?
[/quote]

Because they are commenting on basses they haven't even seen and presenting information ripped from the vendors websites.

[quote name='EBS_freak' timestamp='1385735447' post='2291670']
Because they are commenting on basses they haven't even seen and presenting information ripped from the vendors websites.
[/quote]

Are you sure, as they all look as if they were photographed identically orientated( that's cos they're from the Far East-boom boom), with the same lighting and backdrop...?

[quote name='yorks5stringer' timestamp='1385769086' post='2292146']

Are you sure, as they all look as if they were photographed identically orientated( that's cos they're from the Far East-boom boom), with the same lighting and backdrop...?
[/quote]

No... But just because they have been photographed in the same manner doesn't explain why the supporting text is so poor.

Edited by EBS_freak

I'm afraid to say I stopped a few months back too. Had every issue since number one without fail, and all but one issue of the old magazine 'bassist'.
But sadly times have changed, and despite my previous levels of enthusiastic support I now found it simply not worth the money and I found little to interest or excite me. It just felt like the same stuff going round and round and round.
I still haven't decided what to do with all the old mags.

[quote name='gafbass02' timestamp='1385803470' post='2292289']
It just felt like the same stuff going round and round and round.
[/quote]This is what annoys me the most; with the huge amount of famous players out there, it's still the same old faces that seem to be interviewed.

[quote name='JamesBass' timestamp='1385761344' post='2292054']
Perhaps we of BassChat, should think of potentially putting together our own mag? Granted, that's a very pie in the sky thought but if we can't find a mag to meet our tastes then we should make one?

I'd certainly love to be involved if ever such a thing comes to fruition...
[/quote]

We should put together a new UK political party too, and a decent coffee shop chain.