Why become a member? ×

Paint your bodee.....

tom1946

Like McNach (in other words blatant copy) I've painted my sunburst Squier body in Capri Orange and this is the result:

[IMG]http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x73/Peasmold/IMG_8808_zpsbe1e39a1.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x73/Peasmold/IMG_8809_zpsa399c4b5.jpg[/IMG]

Basically flat down with some 150, then 400 then 800 (2 pieces of 400 rubbed together :lol: ) the about 6 coats of white primer and then a good flat off followed by 1x can of orange.

This was painted in a cold garage and as a result there is some orange peel. I have flatted some of it out and it looks good to me..

The paint was £35 from the manchester guitar geezer but car aerosols are the same stuff and much cheaper.

Now what can I paint next? :gas:

Brilliant! I'm about to do exactly the same myself inspired by Mcnash's (and now your own) excellent results.

Trouble is, I can't get away from that Capri orange colour either! Trying to convince myself that I should pick a different shade, but I keep coming back to the orange... :D

ooooo now then this is of great interest to me. I have a cheap guitar that someone threw away & I want to make good again, the only thing is that it's a bright yellow.
I was thinking about repainting it.

So it's possible to just lightly sand down the guitar as it is & prime directly onto it ?

I've recently acquired a line6 300 guitar that a member was giving away on here. It's now in pieces waiting to be sanded down.

Seeing as I never like to make things simple for myself I've decided to chrome it using alsa corps Killer Chrome kit. I might top it with Prizmacoat too :lol:

This should be fun :D

I'll start a thread soon

[quote name='charic' timestamp='1360586655' post='1972679']
decided to chrome it using alsa corps Killer Chrome kit. I might top it with Prizmacoat too :lol:

[/quote]

I shall look forward to that.
My old Dean bass has been Ford Fiesta Purple for too long, it needs a change...

[quote name='Skol303' timestamp='1360584446' post='1972595']
Brilliant! I'm about to do exactly the same myself inspired by Mcnash's (and now your own) excellent results.

Trouble is, I can't get away from that Capri orange colour either! Trying to convince myself that I should pick a different shade, but I keep coming back to the orange... :D
[/quote]

Graffiti Yellow!
But it's GOT to have black hardware and either a B/W/B 3 ply or W/B/W 3 ply scratchplate...

Great thread, and love the o/p's Capri :) I've got a bogie green Warwick fortress - I keep thinking about doing a maroon red or maybe another colour. Ive never been struck on the green if im honest. However the body is stained green, no poly finish. Could I just smooth sand and then primer, colour etc?

[/quote]
+1 :lol: Mines in the sanding process now! Unfortunately I bought a primed "ready to paint" body that wasn't my idea of ready to paint. When sanding it smells like household paint - think I'm going to take it back to wood and start again.

Ok... I'm in! Just ordered a can of primer and one of Capri Orange (in the end, I just couldn't draw myself away from that orange :)).

I'm planning on painting the pickguard too. It's currently just cheap white plastic. I hear 'Krylon Fusion' is a good brand of durable spray-paint for using on plastics, but the only place I can find it available in the UK is from an army surplus / airsoft website. Kinda weird :blink: (link [url="http://www.patrolbase.co.uk/krylon-spray-paint/krylon-fusion-black.htm?utm_source=googlemerchant&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=googlemerchant"]here)[/url].

Anybody used this paint before? Or recommend another brand?

[quote name='tom1946' timestamp='1360581448' post='1972531']
Like McNach (in other words blatant copy) I've painted my sunburst Squier body in Capri Orange and this is the result:

Basically flat down with some 150, then 400 then 800 (2 pieces of 400 rubbed together :lol: ) the about 6 coats of white primer and then a good flat off followed by 1x can of orange.

This was painted in a cold garage and as a result there is some orange peel. I have flatted some of it out and it looks good to me..

The paint was £35 from the manchester guitar geezer but car aerosols are the same stuff and much cheaper.

Now what can I paint next? :gas:
[/quote]

ooh! very nice!!!! :)

and I had the same feeling afterwards: "what can I paint now???" :lol:

[/quote]

Yeah, it's like a boomerang... I used to discard the idea of orange, but it always came back :lol:

Next may be... shell pink. Or surf green...