Why become a member? ×

Traded.

Raslee

TRADED: Great Scott!, Scott bass that is. This really is a top quality hand built boutique jazz...you could even call it a super jazz like i do.
I would definitely say its better than my USA Fender if i am totally honest but my red Fender colour suits my functions band better and my band members will not let me part with the red (meh!!...too much red...red ties...red trainers and now frickin red guitars!)...and so i guess they're both similar in a lot of ways which is why i am considering a possible trade for something totally different...although i may see sense and decide to keep her as i really do like this bass a lot.

So the bass,
Dimarzio Model J, adjustable pole pick ups (cream)
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]34" scale - with 24 frets and a [/font][/color][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Brass nut [/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Narrow neck (jazz profile) - maple neck with rosewood board and abalone front dots brass side dots[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Neck thru [/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Mahogany body with beautiful quilt maple drop top[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Wood plate over control route (slightly darker colour to the rest of the bass)[/font][/color]
[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#282828]Schaller 3D 4 bridge (Adjustable sideways string spacing....perhaps the best bridge i have ever seen!)[/color][/font]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Controls: Passive vol, tone, vol, tone .....brilliant sounds all round, especially with the bridge tone down and neck full on...great mowtown vibes![/font][/color]
[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#282828]Lovely low action and Elites strings (45's i think)[/color][/font]
...oh forgot to mention, she a lightweight too...just under 8lbs
[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#282828]​The bass has been gigged regularly and has typical gigging and general play wear but certainly nothing that affects playability. So if you looking for a pristine model look elsewhere.[/color][/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#282828][/color][/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#282828][/color][/font]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]More pics: [url="https://plus.google.com/photos/118380618731756986255/albums/5846760027023435601?authkey=CIv9iIaCy-CSYg"]https://plus.google....=CIv9iIaCy-CSYg[/url][/font][/color]
[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#282828]I have no idea what trade price to put on this but i'm going to say [/color][/font][b]£550 [/b][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#282828]is a good price on this bass, it really is a lot of bass for the money and probably worth a lot more.[/color][/font]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Trades, Well not entirely sure but something Musicman ish, Sterling Ray, Sterling etc, or a 5 string jazz perhaps MIM/lakland etc, maybe a Warwick or Spector of some sort would be nice, happy to consider a cheaper bass plus some cash my way too like MM Sub etc...oh and other red basses ;) - I also like quirky basses (like this one) so old basses like the Ibanez Musician or Peavey T40 or whatever. Would also possibly consider lightweight cabs too or maybe a Markbass head....happy to look at deals etc[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]As i am Plymouth based i guess postage is going to be the main deal but happy if anyone wishes to view this lovely bass. [/font][/color]

Edited by Rasta

[quote name='lozbass' timestamp='1361387747' post='1985222']
[sub]I think this used to be mine - a very lovely J indeed (I can't remember if it had the DiMarzios when I had it)[/sub]
[/quote]
Cheers Lozbass, yeah it really is a great jazz, lovely finish and neck and the tone of the Dimarzio's is sublime....kick a US Fender arse any day ;)

Pretty sure I can recall these being reviewed in the bass press - but it was years ago and they seemed to have disappeared all too quickly.
Could this be the same bass (no photos but some similarities in specs) ? :-

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/99866-sold-scott-handmade-modern-jazz/page__p__933387__hl__scott__fromsearch__1#entry933387"]http://basschat.co.uk/topic/99866-sold-scott-handmade-modern-jazz/page__p__933387__hl__scott__fromsearch__1#entry933387[/url]

.. all the other 'Scott' guitar links seem to be handmade acoustics in the USA

[quote name='bubinga5' timestamp='1361549311' post='1987402']
i played a 6 string Scott jazz in the gallery once.. really nice instrument... hope your well Lee...
[/quote]
Yeah dude, they're cracking quality basses, a lot of bass for the money really, plays beautiful and very unique too. All well in Rastaland, hope your well too funk soul brother :)