Why become a member? ×

[SOLD] Rare but broken 1984 Boss CS-2

plunkrock

[b]**SOLD**[/b]

I have come across a Boss CS-2 Compression Sustainer pedal I was gifted probably around 2003, I've rarely used it (and not for a long time) but past owners have not been precious with it.

The serial number is 420100, which according to a Boss serial number decoder I found means it was made in May 1984 and the serial number sticker says it was made in Japan. I believe these pedals are quite sought-after and even in poor condition reach £70-£100 on ebay.

Mine, however, appears to be broken.

I had a 9V battery in the pedal and it seemed to come on fine, I also plugged in a Boss PSU and everything seemed great but after playing with it for a while the volume was fading in and out. Cosmetically too it is pretty rough, lots of chips in the paint, a chunk of the power LED (still works fine though) and someone decided to use superglue to fix it onto a board at some point so the bottom is a real mess!

Anyway, I never really used this pedal and lack the skills or motivation to fix it but I figured someone might get some joy out of it (fixing it/learning about electronics/paperweight) so it's better off in their hands than sitting doing nothing here. In a perfect world I'd like it to go to someone who can fix it and wants to use it rather than someone looking to flog it on ebay but obviously I have no control over that.

£10 to cover postage and I'll donate the change to BC

[b]**SOLD**[/b]

Edited by plunkrock