Why become a member? ×

And the award for the most insincere apology goes to...............

bobpalt

I dont know if anyone is aware of the recent problems surrounding the Dr Bass cab building operation in the States (fabulous cabs, great prices but huge failures by the company to fulfill orders/avoid massive delays in manufacture, resulting in serious allegations being made against the proprietor),but upon checking their web site, I noticed the following "apology":

"And we offer our sincerest apologies for the trouble and inconvienence we have had in the past couple years."

Am I missing the point, as surely, if it was an apology it should have said "the trouble and inconvenience we have CAUSED" ?

Edited by bobpalt

I suspect that lack of attention to detail lies at the root of their travails. Best non-apology I heard of was the one posted by the guy from Freekish Blues pedals.

Launched his range of boutique pedals. Fawning 'tone-hound' reviews from mags, review sites inc TGP and Chappers, prestigious endorsees (Dweezil Zappa, iirc).

Turns out he was buying in Joyo and BBE pedals direct from China at trade prices, respraying them and selling them on as his own work for 10x the price.

As I understand it, Mr Freekish's eventual 'apology' went something on the lines of 'Sure, I scammed you because you're all pretentious idiots and I laughed every time you fell for it.'

Edited by skankdelvar

[quote name='skankdelvar' timestamp='1361469148' post='1986228']
As I understand it, Mr Freekish's eventual 'apology' went something on the lines of 'Sure, I scammed you because you're all pretentious idiots and I laughed every time you fell for it.'
[/quote]

Hmm... I think I may once have worked with a relation of his.

[quote name='bobpalt' timestamp='1361466412' post='1986169']

"And we offer our sincerest apologies for the trouble and inconvienence we have had in the past couple years."

Am I missing the point, as surely, if it was an apology it should have said "the trouble and inconvenience we have CAUSED" ?
[/quote]

I'd say the issue is having to apologise for TWO YEARS of problems. :o

[quote name='skankdelvar' timestamp='1361469148' post='1986228']
I suspect that lack of attention to detail lies at the root of their travails. Best non-apology I heard of was the one posted by the guy from Freekish Blues pedals.

Launched his range of boutique pedals. Fawning 'tone-hound' reviews from mags, review sites inc TGP and Chappers, prestigious endorsees (Dweezil Zappa, iirc).

Turns out he was buying in Joyo and BBE pedals direct from China at trade prices, respraying them and selling them on as his own work for 10x the price.

[/quote]

I remember this, a real fiasco!

I actually know a really awesome guitar player who is really meticulous about tone and gear. He uses a Freekish Blues pedal. I can't bring myself to tell him :lol: