Why become a member? ×

1967 VOX Sidewinder IV Bass made in the Uk

Mastrollani

Up for sale this amazing piece of history.
Super vintage british sound.
It´s medium-short scale.
It´s exactly the same model but diferent colour that the one used by John Entwistle in this video:
[url="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q63XogYTIcc"]https://www.youtube....h?v=q63XogYTIcc[/url]

The 1968 US Vox catalog described the Sidewinder IV bass as follows:
"A brilliant all new 4-string double cutaway electric acoustic bass guitar. Has built in G tuner, distortion booster, treble and bass booster. All new easy-to-fret fast-neck with the Vox double T-bar and adjustable steel rod. Two exclusive VOX Ferro-Sonic pickups. Fully adjustable bridge. One volume, two tone controls, 3-position pickup selector switch. Jumbo chrome plated machine heads. Sunburst or Cherry."

It has a small missing part in the headstock, I can send pictures.
I´m not interested in trades.
Unfortunately the effects don´t work in this one but apart of this, the electronics work great and the sound and playability it´s just amazing.
Truly vintage sound.

The price: 800 euros.

Edited by Mastrollani

Welcome: Snaps of the actual Vos bass would be good, highlighting the blemishes you mention. As a Newbie, it is important to get as much genuine information across to us punters as you can. You might want to take a trade against this Bass, if you would say so.

Edited by Oldman

It will probably help if you correct the title of this advert to read Vox rather than Vos.

Unless this is a clever device to persuade people to click on it, because they're thinking: "[color=#800000][i]Hmmmm ... I've never heard of Vos[/i][/color]."

Like me.

B)

[quote name='Happy Jack' timestamp='1361529987' post='1986956']
It will probably help if you correct the title of this advert to read Vox rather than Vos.

Unless this is a clever device to persuade people to click on it, because they're thinking: "[color=#800000][i]Hmmmm ... I've never heard of Vos[/i][/color]."

Like me.

B)
[/quote]
Hey Happy Jack! You are right. It was a mistake. I'm gonna correct it. Thanks a lot.

• 3 weeks later...