Why become a member? ×

Compare the price of a bass to -

KiOgon

[b]A pet![/b]

I was looking at prices of some terriers earlier, out of interest :o I [s]have a cat[/s] look after a cat that chose to come to live here, costs me in food & vet's bills etc. only, then I have my Koi, all bought years ago as tiny little things that have grown quite big now.

I received an email today which made me think - how much is a bass 'worth' compared to a pet - a Koi for example :rolleyes: how much would you pay for a fish? As much as a bass? :D
http://www.koi.jpn.com/index.php/koi-for-sale/japan-now

In the last year my Staffie was alive his vet bills were £4,000 - about £700 each time he had to go into the Royal Vet College and £200 per month on medication...Cost of a pedigree dog at the moment is anything from £500 to £1500 depending on the breed - add to that food bills, insurance, leads/collars/etc and all of a sudden £2K on a boutique bass seems cheap.

[quote name='KiOgon' timestamp='1361558694' post='1987648']
[size=4]- how much is a bass 'worth' compared to a pet - a Koi for example [/size] :rolleyes:[size=4] how much would you pay for a fish? As much as a bass? [/size] :D
[/quote]

Bass tastes better, so I'd probably pay more for that.

Edited by Count Bassy

[quote name='TheGreek' timestamp='1361567923' post='1987850']
Cost of a pedigree dog at the moment is anything from £500 to £1500 depending on the breed
[/quote]

Surely a good reason to get a good old heinz 57 from a dog rescue centre? Especially given that so many pedigree dogs now seem to have health problems caused by over breeding..

Fish are quite like basses though... the very word 'bass' itself, and the fact that you can slap both of them...

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhJQp-q1Y1s[/media]

I have in the past paid a fair bit for good quality japanese koi and mostly they have been with me long enough to be classified as vintage. :) Had a lovely Ogon that a mate imported for me, it was with me for 28 years. Bit like Fenders, the japanese ones are usually damn good. :gas:

Haven't spent much money on Koi in recent years, my last purchase, a rather lovely Kohaku about ten years back.

I've stopped buying Koi mags and don't go to near the koi dealerships anymore.