Why become a member? ×

No More New Music - Would it Matter?

xilddx

[quote name='Earbrass' timestamp='1361965584' post='1993647']
Please don't take it to heart - it was meant as a gentle leg-pull. I would have added "and the music of other basschatters" on the end but it wouldn't scan. I'll accept 3 points on my poetic licence. :)
[/quote]

I am acutely aware of how over-promotion of one's band can piss people off, and the limits I feel I should impose on myself in doing so. I'm also of the opinion that for all the discussion and argument about music on Basschat, not much BCer's music gets listened to by fellow members, which I feel is a shame as there is some great music being produced here.

Music is deeply important to me, so if I appear to be over zealous in wanting my own and other members' music to get heard and hopefully enjoyed, then maybe I am guilty of mis-judgment.

Your gentle leg-pull made me feel like you were not the only one thinking I have overstepped the boundaries of what is acceptable in trying to get Kit heard. Maybe I am being too sensitive.

Cheers.

[quote name='xilddx' timestamp='1361967883' post='1993701']
Maybe I am being too sensitive.
[/quote]

Maybe. The threads you start about Kit's music / gigs / videos always seem to be well received, so I wouldn't worry about it if I were you. And you make a good point about basschatters' music. I have a bit of a history of posting stuff that seems funny/pertinent to me at the time but turns out to be horribly misjudged, so I wouldn't let anything I say disturb you over much. :)

[quote name='xilddx' timestamp='1361967883' post='1993701']
I am acutely aware of how over-promotion of one's band can piss people off, and the limits I feel I should impose on myself in doing so.[/quote]

To be fair though you've got more interesting gigs than most of us. I would imagine more people would be interested in what you're doing than how the 10,000 identikit party bands are all somehow making Mark Ronson's cover of Valerie 'their own'. :rolleyes:

[quote name='thisnameistaken' timestamp='1361971958' post='1993812']
I would imagine more people would be interested in what you're doing than how the 10,000 identikit party bands are all somehow making Mark Ronson's cover of Valerie 'their own'. :rolleyes:
[/quote]

:lol:[size=4] Yes, indeed.[/size]