Why become a member? ×

EHX Bass Microsynth

mcnach

what a fun pedal this is!!!

I had one, the big 24V one, a few years ago, but I was starting on bass and did not really find much use for it.

I have just bought one, the smaller version, for a new funk band I joined... and I'm having so much fun with it! First rehearsal last night... brilliant!

I just wish it had 2-3 presets that I could select with a footswitch. EHX should really work on this pedal a bit. Add a bit of control to the distortion, an exprtession pedal connection, and 3 presets... for £299? Unbeatable!

Ah, I wish...

It's a great sounding pedal with quite a unique sounding filter making it stand out from the synth pedal crowd. It's downfall has always been its one-hit-wonder slider set up... I'd of thought they would have made it compatible with the Hog switching unit by now for preset goodness.

To be fair the old big one sounds WAY better. Much smoother sub octave and all-round more phat analog synth sounding, but the new version is still a cool little pedal.

[quote name='Musky' timestamp='1362602514' post='2002083']
Isn't the micro synth analogue? You'll just have to buy 3 of them if you want presets. :)
[/quote]

I don't care!!! I want presets!!! I want I want I want!!! :P

[quote name='pantherairsoft' timestamp='1362590778' post='2001825']
To be fair the old big one sounds WAY better. Much smoother sub octave and all-round more phat analog synth sounding, but the new version is still a cool little pedal.
[/quote]

Is it?

I wish I could remember it... it's been 4 years. I like the smaller version and it just about fits in my board, so I'll try to avoid trying the older version again, just in case ;)

[quote name='mcnach' timestamp='1362612859' post='2002331']

I don't care!!! I want presets!!! I want I want I want!!! :P
[/quote]
I didn't think you could get analogue gear with presets (other than ones with motorised controls), but it seems I'm wrong. The new [url="http://www.harmonycentral.com/t5/News/Tech-21-s-Private-Stock-Division-Introduces-Blonde-Deluxe/ba-p/34719499"]Blonde Deluxe[/url] from Tech21 has digital recall on an otherwise analogue pedal, and I presume the Sansamp Deluxe works the same way.

So there's hope for you yet! :)

[quote name='Musky' timestamp='1362645094' post='2002491']
I didn't think you could get analogue gear with presets (other than ones with motorised controls), but it seems I'm wrong. The new [url="http://www.harmonycentral.com/t5/News/Tech-21-s-Private-Stock-Division-Introduces-Blonde-Deluxe/ba-p/34719499"]Blonde Deluxe[/url] from Tech21 has digital recall on an otherwise analogue pedal, and I presume the Sansamp Deluxe works the same way.

So there's hope for you yet! :)
[/quote]

I'll send a link to EHX with a note saying "well, guys, coffee break is over!" ;)

[quote name='thisnameistaken' timestamp='1362648108' post='2002549']
One thing I thought of doing was snapping the sliders off so I could stack BMSs on top of eachother. Then all you need is a loop selector. :)
[/quote]

Ha! There was another one of those for sale locally and it did tempt me to get a second one (although not sure I'd go as "punk" as your idea... but bonus points for imagination! ;))