Why become a member? ×

Soundcloud stats

BottomE

Hi folks

i wondered if anyone can solve a little riddle?

I put a track on Soundcloud as normal. Shared it in the Basschat Soundcloud group and thought nothing more of it. I have done this a few times in the past.

I logged on to Soundcloud a couple of days ago and was amazed to see that it has been listened to over 650 times in over 60 countries! How do people find it? I am curious to know how it is being shared really.

Many thanks

Jerry

That's a nice number of plays!

SoundCloud is a great platform for sharing music - and it's very popular among both artists and listeners (rather than just artists). The BC SoundCloud group has around 130 members and they/we're generally a fairly attentive bunch... but that doesn't account for 650 plays in 60 countries!

I've had a quick look at your SoundCloud and the track in question (Hideaway) does stick out from the rest in terms of the number of plays. I honestly have no idea why this might be. It's either 1) a crackingly good track; 2) it's been plugged by someone who has a very active social media profile; or 3) shares the same name as another track that's very popular (and people are searching for on SoundCloud).

But whatever. Bask in the glory!! :)

Edited by Skol303

thanks skol. Bask away i shall.

Its actually getting more and more hits. Daily rate is up to around 120 hits and in 70+ countries now!

Thing is, if i do a search in Soundcloud with either the title of the track or my artist name i cannot find it so i can't understand how anyone else can find it :unsure: