Why become a member? ×

String price hike

I've noticed DB string prices going up recently. Suddenly Thomann has stopped selling Spirocore Mittel/Mediums - which is odd for one of the reference strings in the industry - and you can bet your bottom dollar they come back on their catalog with a significantly higher price.

Anything US sourced (not just strings) will inevitably be in-line for stonking price rises to us Brits as the dollar has moved from 1.60-1.65 to 1.50 in the past two months

[quote name='marvin spangles' timestamp='1363168017' post='2009394']
Kudos to the String Zone they are honouring their advertised price.
[/quote]

I have always had great service from the string zone and due 2 my double bass OCD I've been a regular customer.
I really hope bass strings are not going up as its already a stupidly expensive instrument to play.

I'm afraid so Geoff. Keep your spiros in the string drawer you might need them. £220 for a set of Dominants on the String Zone website. $250-270 in the US .
Hey Clarky I would have thought the Thomastik prices would depend on the Euro. What we bassists need is for the Euro to go in to meltdown so we can stock up on a lifetimes supply.
I have a set of Spiro's Weich's on my La Scala and they're staying there for the forseeable future.

[quote name='marvin spangles' timestamp='1363192308' post='2009527']
I'm afraid so Geoff. Keep your spiros in the string drawer you might need them. £220 for a set of Dominants on the String Zone website. $250-270 in the US .
What we bassists need is for the Euro to go in to meltdown so we can stock up on a lifetimes supply.

[/quote]

Oh thanks a lot! :D