Why become a member? ×

FS: Yamaha BB1024x in Caramel Brown - traded!
£640

lynxus69

Hello!

For sale nearly mint Yamaha BB1024x in Caramel Brown.

Just 3 months old. Comes with original gig bag and even original carton box if needed ;)

Nearly mint as there is a little buckle scratch I did that one time I forgot to remove my belt off. Other then that it's as new.

If you're looking at this post you probably know already that it sounds fantastic (growly and punchy when pushed but sweet when you play soft...like a milk and honey but nicely pronounced, not muddy... no dead notes...just lush :gas: ) and it's comfortable to play (neck is slim, 40mm at the nut so a bit wider than Jazz but narrower than P-bass...just perfect!).

IMHO it's the best buy for under £1500. Only one I would choose over is BB2024x... but it cost over 2k :o

I'll try to add some pics tomorrow. For now check the link:
[url="http://www.chappellofbondstreet.co.uk/P~YAM-BB1024X-CMB~BB1024X-Electric-Bass-Guitar?attributes="]http://www.chappello...tar?attributes=[/url]

Cheers!

P.S. I'm based in London, E5.

Edited by lynxus69

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='ozzy138' timestamp='1365866848' post='2045402']
Nothing showing up in my inbox..
[/quote]
[quote name='bassgurumonster' timestamp='1365868009' post='2045421']
Pmd
[/quote]
Ozzy138 - please check your inbox again now.
Bassgurumonster - could you PM me again as now I don't see anything from you?

I've been thinking of picking up a BB102[b]5[/b]X in black, but I think I've been convinced to go caramel after looking at the pics of your one. It looks orange, and I've always wanted one of those transparent sunset orange Precisions! :gas:

Edited by dannybuoy

[quote name='dannybuoy' timestamp='1366194649' post='2049383']
I've been thinking of picking up a BB102[b]5[/b]X in black, but I think I've been convinced to go caramel after looking at the pics of your one. It looks orange, and I've always wanted one of those transparent sunset orange Precisions! :gas:
[/quote]
On stage with them red and blue lights it turns into kinda red/orange ;)

[quote name='RandomBass' timestamp='1366716437' post='2056282']
This is so nice. I just bought the non X version in the same colour. It's fab.
[/quote]
Thanks. Yes, they are amazing. I'm selling it just because I've got another one in Tobacco Sunburst :)

Edited by lynxus69

[quote name='timmchale2009' timestamp='1367656577' post='2067943']
No worries, thanks for the reply! Terrific basses these, got the. 424x but really want to spec up to this.
[/quote]
Thanks Timmchale2009. Yes, they truly are amazing... but because it's written on them "Yamaha" not "Fender U.S.A." they're not as popular (even though their sound and build quality is far superior to modern Fenders).

[quote name='lynxus69' timestamp='1367750677' post='2068976']

Thanks Timmchale2009. Yes, they truly are amazing... but because it's written on them "Yamaha" not "Fender U.S.A." they're not as popular (even though their sound and build quality is far superior to modern Fenders).
[/quote]

+1!

[quote name='lynxus69' timestamp='1367750677' post='2068976']

[/quote]

Completely agree, my other bass in a Lakland and I wouldn't have a Fender over either.