Why become a member? ×

Ipad or paper?

Pbassred

If it was charts an iPad could be a good option, just because you can quickly change keys and stuff. If you're reading dots perhaps paper would be better because I don't think the screen is big enough, although a backlight would be better than a clip-on lamp I suppose so that swings it the other way a bit.

The iReal b app for iPad is really cool and almost made me buy an iPad just for that.

[quote name='Westie9' timestamp='1363466116' post='2013165']
I've got the same type of question. BUT, if your in a rehearsal situation and need to make a quick note on the page your looking at on the ipad, is it easy to do? What programmes do people use?
[/quote]

pencil :yarr: :P

[quote name='jezzaboy' timestamp='1363441268' post='2012754']
My singer uses a Nexus 7 thing and has a special mount that fixes onto a mic stand. He uses it for the words, set list and says he will have a way of controlling the pa with it in the near future.
[/quote]

Except that you have no idea what it sounds like to the audience if you're stood on the stage!. I guess you could have a trusted person in the audience giving you hand signals, but if they're doing that then they might as well be controlling the PA themselves.