Why become a member? ×

It's okay JJ Burnel still on list of Ashdown artists

The Dark Lord

Should I read anything into the fact that Jean Jacques is no longer listed on the Ashdown website as one of their artists and his amp in no longer listed among their products?

[color=#ff0000]NB: Turned out to be a false alarm. See later in thread.[/color]

Edited by The Dark Lord

I saw them on Friday at The Roundhouse ..... and he was using the usual 2 x 4x10 and 2 x 1x15 Ashdown cabs. You can't see his amp as he usually puts just his tuner on the top nowadays.

Wonder why he's not on the site? I went there to have a peek as I thought I might get myself one of his amps, so wanted to look at the spec again. Not there any more.

Edited by The Dark Lord

[quote name='The Dark Lord' timestamp='1363553101' post='2014090']
I saw them on Friday at The Roundhouse ..... and he was using the usual 2 x 4x10 and 2 x 1x15 Ashdown cabs. You can't see his amp as he usually puts just his tuner on the top nowadays.

Wonder why he's not on the site? I went there to have a peek as I thought I might get myself one of his amps, so wanted to look at the spec again. Not there any more.
[/quote]

Hmmmm, I know he's quite fussy about endorsement deals (like making sure the JJ-500 is affordable and such). Maybe he dropped them.

(as an aside: I saw the Stranglers last year. Stood infront of me was a dad and his teenager lad. They talked all the way through the support, The Popes, about their (dad and lad's) amps and guitars and such. Then when the Stranglers were on they spent 20 mins trying to figure out what the box with the moving lights, on the top of JJ's cabs, was...)

what do you need to know spec wise?

[quote name='The Dark Lord' timestamp='1363702197' post='2016097']
Email Ashdown and got the following straight from the horse's mouth (email from Mark Gooday)

yes he is
just our web is new :-)
and we have not loaded our artists all up again.

So no worries there then.
[/quote]All is well with the world. JJ is the reason I started playing bass.

[quote name='The Dark Lord' timestamp='1363702197' post='2016097']
Emailed Ashdown and got the following straight from the horse's mouth (email from Mark Gooday)

yes he is
just our web is new :-)
and we have not loaded our artists all up again.

So no worries there then.
[/quote]

But the JJ500 is discontinued?

[quote name='walbassist' timestamp='1363814867' post='2018209']
Back on the site [url="http://ashdownmusic.com/products/1/Bass-Amplification/17/Signature-Series-/83/JJB500/"]here[/url]
[/quote]

And JJ's page: [url="http://ashdownmusic.com/artists/47/JeanJacques-Burnel/"]http://ashdownmusic.com/artists/47/JeanJacques-Burnel/[/url]