Why become a member? ×

Peavey T45 info wanted

bigd1

A friend of mine is looking to sell a Peavey t45 bass, she would like some information on this to put in her add.
I don't know anything about these basses, so I thought I would tap into the Basschat pool of knowledge. I bet we have a t45 Yoda on ear.
"Bass you have, knowledge I give".

Ta very glad
BIGd

[quote name='bigd1' timestamp='1363606207' post='2014529']
A friend of mine is looking to sell a Peavey t45 bass, she would like some information on this to put in her add.
I don't know anything about these basses, so I thought I would tap into the Basschat pool of knowledge. I bet we have a t45 Yoda on ear.
"Bass you have, knowledge I give".

Ta very glad
BIGd
[/quote]

'Ow Do! ;)

Mmm.
What Colour? Maple Board? Original Case?
Condition?
[s]Address?[/s] Ooops, that bit just slipped out! :lol:

I've got one but it really needs a re-fret, so not been played for over 3 years. :(
Pics?

Cheers. :)

Also I believe that on the [i]really[/i] rare ones, the pinstripe that goes around the headstock follows the shape of the truss rod cover. On most of them the pinstripe goes around the headstock and [i]under[/i] the truss rod cover, parallel to the nut. The former version are more collectable. I'm told. I'm not an expert.

[quote name='Rayman' timestamp='1363698669' post='2015992']
Also I believe that on the [i]really[/i] rare ones, the pinstripe that goes around the headstock follows the shape of the truss rod cover. On most of them the pinstripe goes around the headstock and [i]under[/i] the truss rod cover, parallel to the nut. The former version are more collectable. I'm told. I'm not an expert.
[/quote]

Hi. :)

The one you refer to is the very early series of "T-40" which, in some of the 8M serials, had that feature.
As you say - a rare one.

The T-45 is the single PU model and is quite rare, on this side of the pond.

Pics from the OP?
Would love to see the beast.

:)