Why become a member? ×

Not sure what's happening here?

vmaxblues

Hi,

I just tried to list a bass for sale, first attempt disappeared into the ether, second attempt resulted in being directed to a subscriptions page. Have I missed a memo somewhere, am I not allowed to list items for sale?

Is there a new system in place?

Was a shame cos it was a very fair price for fellow basschatters.

Have stuck it on ebay instead.

[quote name='Clarky' timestamp='1364080125' post='2021825']
£20 for unlimited sales, seems a barg to me
[/quote]

Quite, even if you're selling just one bass (for example) BC works out a lot cheaper. Last time I sold anything on the Bay, they wanted to keep 10% of the final price. So I won't be doing that again in a hurry.

There has been a few threads like this now, and doubtless more that have just given up on the process without commenting. Perhaps something could be stuck up somewhere prominent explaining the new system for those that mainly use the marketplace or don't delve into 'Site News'? The Marketplace rules don't appear on the mobile site.

Just been for a read and see there is a £7 one off listing option, bit of a shame that only 4% of people had donated and spoilt it for people like me that gave a sensible donation depending on the sale price. I have not sold much stuff but I have put in enough to cover a unlimited listings membership although I will have to pay that again to list anymore stuff I guess?

Firstly, I also think that £20 is reasonable. I've used the market place equally for both buying and selling, and while the jury's out on whether it's saved or cost me money (I kept basses a lot longer before finding this site!) it's definitely been a pleasant process overall.

However, a lot of people initially come to this site to sell and a proportion stay on to take part in the forum. I can understand that BC must have running costs but the forum has for years (I've been around through Basworld and Basstalk) been run for the benefit and development of all things bass and I'm concerned that charging for sales is pushing this down a business route and may put put off some individuals from becoming part of this great forum. Sorry to be negative - its my opinion only but hopefully as a long standing member it will be respected for what it is.

[quote name='stingrayPete1977' timestamp='1364122624' post='2022024']a shame that only 4% of people had donated and spoilt it for people like me that gave a sensible donation[/quote]

Yup, in many areas, but especially the music world, one of the lowest forms of life is the "free-loader" & that's all - IMHO - these people are or were.

[quote name='stingrayPete1977' timestamp='1364131515' post='2022179']
Anyway I'm not going to be buying or selling anything for ages now, well maybe my jazz that's for sale and I might get a classic ray5, and a fishman pro eq if one crops up on here........:lol:
[/quote]

So apart from the Jazz, the Classic Ray 5 and the Fishman Pro EQ, what have the Romans ever done for us? ;)

[quote name='Musky' timestamp='1364112070' post='2021926']
There has been a few threads like this now, and doubtless more that have just given up on the process without commenting. Perhaps something could be stuck up somewhere prominent explaining the new system for those that mainly use the marketplace or don't delve into 'Site News'? The Marketplace rules don't appear on the mobile site.
[/quote]

Actually, the rules were, for a short time, displayed in full as you entered each and every Marketplace forum.

We took them off because people complained like b*gg*ry about them. :)