Why become a member? ×

FS: Aguilar AG500 SC amp head *SOLD*
£530

wateroftyne

Hi all

[b]£530 shipped in the UK including a brand-new [url="http://www.magma-bags.de/produkte/digi-control-bag-L-e.php3"]highly protective Magma soft case / bag[/url], costing £90.[/b]

No issues other than a few little light scratches here and there.

The AG 500SC is a high-powered, lightweight head that combines an easy to use yet versatile EQ with 500 watts of power to create the perfect amp for the gigging bassist. Four bands of active EQ with bright and deep switches provide every tone from funk to rock to jazz. A flexible FX Loop and pure sounding D.I. are easily accessible on the front of this amp. Great features, tons of power and an affordable price make this amp a classic.

Power output: 500 watts @ 4 ohms, 250 watts @ 8 ohms

Inputs: One ¼" Input jack with Active/Passive switch

Tone controls: Bright: +5dB -4kHz shelving
Treble: +/- 13dB @ 4kHz shelving
High Mid: +/- 14dB @ 800Hz peaking
Low Mid: +/- 14dB @ 400Hz peaking
Bass: +/- 18dB @ 40Hz shelving
Deep: +6dB -100Hz shelving

FX Loop: Series/Parallel; Send pot is Push/Pull for Line or Instrument level; Return pot is Push/Pull for Parallel or Series operation.

Outputs: Two Neutrik Speakon and two ¼" speaker outputs, XLR balanced D.I. out with Pre and Post EQ switch, Tuner output.
Mute: Push button withLED
Size: 2 rack spaces, 17" W X 3.5" H X 10" D
Weight: 17 lbs.

Edited by wateroftyne

Hello!

Yip... I've had a torrid time trying to choose between this and the Walkabout. I've been tearing my hair out (as any of my Facebook BC pals will attest - I've had one for sale, then the other, then changed my mind...).

The Aggie is far more practical (higher output, mute, post / pre DI), and kicks like a mule, but for the gigs I've got coming up the sound guys are used to my Walkabout and do great things with it. I've realised the tubes in the Walkabout are just more [i]me[/i].

It's been a pleasure A/B-ing them for the last six weeks or so, mind.

[quote name='wateroftyne' timestamp='1364905310' post='2032369']
Hello Highfox!

Possibly... I'll get a price and let you know. :)
[/quote]

Sorry to of messed WoT around on this one.
I'm looking to buy new...

Edited by Highfox

[quote name='molan' timestamp='1364938949' post='2033163']
AG500 was discontinued a while ago :(
[/quote]

They actually still have a couple in stock in Helsinki, I'm still not sure if it's the Tone Hammer I want or the AG still!
Sorry for the hi-jack, but have a bump for a great amp.

Edited by Highfox