Why become a member? ×

*SOLD* Crown XLS 402 Power Amp
£140

discreet

[b]*SOLD* Crown XLS 402 Power Amp *£140* for Quick Sale[/b]

Continuing in my apparently crazed desire to sell everything of quality that I own to buy something mad that is completely untried and untested, I offer up my superb Crown XLS 402 Power Amp for your consideration.

I'm sure you'll want specs, so here they are:
[url="http://www.crownaudio.com/media/pdf/legacy/133465-6.pdf"]http://www.crownaudi...cy/133465-6.pdf[/url]

If you don't have the energy to click on the link, ;) these are the principal specifications:

[b]300W Per Channel = 8 ohms (Stereo)[/b]
[b][size=4]450W Per Channel = 4 ohms (Stereo)[/size][/b]
[b][size=4]900W Bridged = 8 ohms (Mono)[/size][/b]

[b]Frequency Response = 20Hz to 20kHz[/b]
[b][size=4]Signal To Noise Ratio = <0.5%[/size][/b]
[b][size=4]Weight: 11.7kg[/size][/b]

[b][size=4][/size][/b]

[b][size=4][/size][/b]

[b][size=4][/size][/b]

[b][size=4][/size][/b]

[b][size=4][/size][/b]

[size=4]As you can see from the pics, this 19", 2U amp is rack-mountable (rack not included!). I have been using it mono bridged with various boxes as pre-amp, including (singly and in various combinations) Tech 21 VT Bass, Markbass Super Booster, Zoom B3, DHA VT1 Bass-EQ and Behringer BDI-21, all with superb results.[/size]

The amp has been 100% reliable and I'm quite sure it will remain so. I've not used it as a PA amp, but it certainly provides massive heft and authority when used mono-bridged with electric bass guitar. It is a very sonically-transparent, high-quality bit of kit - as you would expect. Crown Audio Products are still produced in Elkhart Indiana, USA; one of the few manufacturers who have not yet moved production to the far east.

The XLS 402D is selling for £389 on eBay. I'm asking just [b]£140[/b] for a quick sale plus £12 for despatch via Royal Mail Special Delivery Next Day before 1pm = £152 in total. Amp will be very well packaged. I will PM a tracking number to the buyer. Terms are strictly bank transfer ONLY, please - I won't accept PayPal, so please don't ask.

For added value, I will provide [i]free, gratis[/i] and [i]for nothing[/i] a 1m Speakon to Speakon cable which has been wired for mono bridging; AND a custom 1X mono jack to 2X male XLR Y-Splitter cable - made to the high standard you would expect from own obbm - also wired for mono bridging. So if you want to use the amp this way, you can do so straight from the box.

I thank you! :)

Edited by discreet