Why become a member? ×

Trace Elliot AH300 GP12 Issues

Hello everyone,

Before I take my amp to a repairer I wanted to bounce my problem of you guys. I own a Trace Elliot AH300 GP12 Combo, awesome amp and I have had it for over 10 year with no issues at all. Now I have no sound whatsoever, but seems to be getting signal from the bass as the gain light is working when I play a note. I have changed the fuses but as soon as I hit a note with new fuses it goes poof again then no sound at all, I have replaced these twice and same thing both times so I am assuming it is more than a fuse issue. Would love to hear some advice or possible answers to my problem, I am hoping it could be a quick fix but I fear I may have done some serious damage, please help!

Appreciate the feedback guys, cheers

Do you know much about the innards?
Essentially, they're modular inside, it's not all on one board, and the leads between each bit aren't hardwired, they're just push-fit connectors which inevitably come loose at some point. Open it up and make sure they're all pushed home properly.

DO NOT open it up whilst powered. Mains power will render some parts live!

Of it's not those, which fuse are you blowing? The internal one above the power lead socket?

IIRC it's a T3.15Amp.
Do check the value, and see if you can get a "slow- blow" fuse of the same value. That may prove better, and still gives the right degree of protection.

Hope that's of some use!