Why become a member? ×

Withdrawn
£1800

pierreganseman

bass is %100 playable and has no issues what so ever

after double checking the picture, yes indeed the G was not in the saddle at the time picture was taken...

my deepest and sincere apologies, as it seems it was so important to mention

cheers

Edited by pierreganseman

[quote name='warwickhunt' timestamp='1365836918' post='2045010']

Fair comment. :D

It is a bit lazy not to look at a fingerboard and decide for yourself BUT saying that I'm not doing it commercially (contrary to indicators :lol: ) and I'm sure they have more pressing matters than to check detail that customers give them. ;)
[/quote]

Funnily enough the "is it rosewood or ebony" debate comes up surprisingly often. There's a luthier out there that uses, as standard, an ebony that's very brown and looks just like rosewood. It sounds great but many players don't want a brown ebony so he has to offer either a more traditional black ebony or he has to artifially tint his brown ebony to look black.

Conversely I also regularly see super dark rosewood that looks like a lovely piece of ebony :)

Either way - I'll make sure that people don't take stuff as described by the owner or at face value whenever possible :)

[quote name='pierreganseman' timestamp='1365883077' post='2045689']
bass is %100 playable and has no issues what so ever

after double checking the picture, yes indeed the G was not in the saddle at the time picture was taken...

my deepest and sincere apologies, as it seems it was so important to mention

cheers
[/quote]

It was more the angle of the strings onto the saddles, or are they all like that?

Edited by mentalextra

Man I do not know and sorry for my ignorane... that's just the way strings are, yes the angle of the D is unusual...

all i know, i can guarantee the bass is fully playable ... 1000000%...

if you are interested into this bass PM me...

cheers

I do feel this could be done via PM...

Edited by pierreganseman

The bridge is fine, just one of those not so brilliantly designed details which doesn't put the strings directly inline with the saddle groove. Here's a pic of another from Gav's site:

[attachment=132529:A Sabre Bridge.jpg]

Mine's the same. There is no issue at all with the string popping out the groove, I have never know it to happen (or ever really thought about it) and I dig in quite a bit when playing.

While there are a number of incarnations with the Stingray Bridge which seems to be able to line the strings up better the Sabre bridges are like this. No idea why, no idea why they didn't use Stingray bridges.

[quote name='mentalextra' timestamp='1365887020' post='2045756']
It was more the angle of the strings onto the saddles, or are they all like that?
[/quote]

The bridge is absolutely ok and original, as 4Strings says. That's the one they used.