Why become a member? ×

How do you pronounce it?

squire5

[quote name='BassManKev' post='210967' date='Jun 2 2008, 10:19 AM']moog is a good one

iv always said mooooooooooooog, but its said moag or moge[/quote]

I've always known how to pronounce it properly but so many people don't pronounce it properly that I just go with how they say it to avoid odd looks!

[quote]policyvote02-23-2007, 08:01 PM
I always thought Epifani was

EP ih FAHN ee.

But now I see the epiphany..which, in itself is an epiphany.

No, you were right the first time. It's dude's name, Nick Epifani--like Gwen Stefani.[/quote]

Ahhh! As is Stefani! That makes sense to me.

[quote name='TimmyC' post='211947' date='Jun 3 2008, 05:16 PM']Apparently Epifani is pronounced Epi-far-nee[/quote]
That's basically what I thought too. Same as Greek-origin word "[url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Epiphany_(feeling)"]epiphany[/url]".

As for Epiphone - I never thought that came from "epiphany", probably because of the "-phone" part, which comes from "phono" (sound), a word on its own. I used to think they mixed up two seperate Greek words, to make something that no longer works the way it ought to... but according to their [url="http://epiphone.com/history.asp"]website[/url], it turns out the "Epi" was the nickname of one of the founders. "Epi-Sound", like "Rick-O-Sound" :)