Why become a member? ×

Randy Jackson - warning : extreme fusion content ( and big plastic glasses ) .

Dingus

Came across this on the internet and thought some of you folks might enjoy it as much as I have . It always amuses me to think that a lot of folks who know Randy Jackson for being a judge on American Idol have no idea that he is also one of the most tasty bass players i on the planet . This is Randy from back in 1980 , before he was a T.V personality and indeed from before he became the preeminent L.A session bass player of the 1980's . It looks like he is using an Ibanez Roadstar bass of that era ( I remember them well ) , and , as ever he plays the living crap out of it . Shamefully noodly fusion music aside , Randy's exceptional ability shines through :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwPGvv0YCgY

I just wish he had used a clean tone for the solo rather than turning on the distortion .

[quote name='TheGreek' timestamp='1366302856' post='2050822']
...and that somebody would stop swinging that cat around by it's tail - bloody racket..
[/quote]

That is why this post carries an extreme fusion warning , thus freeing me of any legal responsibilty for the grossly self - indulgent content .