Why become a member? ×

Speaker advice

strangetown

[font=arial, sans-serif][size=3]
I own a Trace Elliot AH200 S and also have an old Ohm 2x15" cab in which one of the drivers is blown. In any case the cab is rated at 200w @ 4 ohm and I notice the specs for the amp are 200w @ 8 ohm. I was thinking of replacing the drivers with these:[/size][/font]

[url="http://www.lean-business.co.uk/eshop/celestion-tf-1520-15-150-watt-8ohm-pabass-speaker-p-1657.html?gclid=CNzk3L3E1rYCFUfLtAodW0IAxg"]http://www.lean-business.co.uk/eshop/celestion-tf-1520-15-150-watt-8ohm-pabass-speaker-p-1657.html?gclid=CNzk3L3E1rYCFUfLtAodW0IAxg[/url]

wired in parallel giving me 300w @ 4 ohm[/size][/font]
Please can anyone advise me if this is a safe/optimal configuration for this amp?[/size][/font]

It's not so much the optimal configuration for the amp you need to watch, but the optimal configuration for the cab. If you post the internal dimensions of the cab and port(s) doubtless someone who is far more qualified than myself will let you know how suitable they are.

Thanks for the reply

The approximate internal dimensions of the enclosures are 21"wide x16" length x14" depth

there is a divider between the two speakers

each enclosure has a port with a 4" diameter and 5.5" depth

Any suitable replacement driver advice for this cab and amp would be appreciated. :)

If you really need to use this cab, I'd just get the blown speaker reconed.

Sorry but, almost any modern cab you can buy these days will sound better than this cab, no matter what you do to it.

There are always good and reasonably priced cabs (212's or 410's maybe) in the For Sale section which will make your amp sound much better.