Why become a member? ×

3 Point Bridge

Mr Fretbuzz

Guys, how do you adjust an Epi 3 point bridge properly and in particular what is the middle screw for?

All strings were hitting frets so I raised all 3 after loosening the truss rod .... Sounds ok now but the action is a bit high especially on the G and when you look down to the bridge it's lopsided now with the G much higher :-0

The front screw has the effect of tilting the bridge back and forth. Get it wrong and you could end up lifting the threaded inserts out of the body. I'd aim to keep the bridge level. I used to think it was preferable to have the front slightly higher, but I did that with my Epiphone Jack Casady and surprise surprise the G side insert began to lift out. As far as your particular predicament goes, just screw the G side down until you're as close to happy as you're going to get. You basically can only adjust the overall height at either side and hope for the best in the middle.

Man, I dislike these bridges.