Why become a member? ×

Cort (Sandberg) Arona 5 ***SOLD***
£375

BassBunny

[s]Can't change the "The Price or Trade Value field" now £350[/s]
Mint condition Cort Arona 5. The Arona series was developed in conjunction with Sandberg Instruments and a similar situation to Lakland Skyline and G&L Tributes, both of which are made by Cort.
Sandberg’s influence is immediately apparent in the shape and style of the body itself. This is a Sandberg Basic shape and sports a Brownburst "Open Pore" finish.
Alll the hardware is Sandberg supplied and badged and pickups are Delano Desonic. A MM type at the bridge end and a single coil at the neck end. The pre-amp is a 2-Band Sandberg design.
I have owned a Sandberg Basic and can assure you that this feels and plays just like it. The neck profile has that Sandberg feel and when strapped on it feels like the real deal. The equivalent Sandberg would cost in excess of £1000 and these are selling for £504 at Thomann, (the only place I could find one). What's not to like????

Edited by BassBunny

Have been asked the same couple of questions by a couple of people so thought it worth adding here.
Although it is an Active 2-Band pre-Amp, there is a passive option. Just pull the Vol control as you would on a Sandberg Basic.
"Does it really look/feel like a Sadberg" ? YES. When I bought it I took it over to Manchester Bass Lounge for Drew to see. I covered the headstock and he was convinced it was a Sandberg Basic. As I mentioned above Sandberg supplied the hardware so it has their logo stamped on it and the pickups are Delano DeSonics.

• 1 month later...

[quote name='geoffbyrne' timestamp='1372283595' post='2123937']
Interested in a trade - Yamaha TRB1005 Fretless?

G.
[/quote]
Thanks for the offer Geoff but don't get on with Fretless I am afraid.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

It's a great bass, have it for over a year as my main bass and would highly recommend it. But, I had a silly accident and somehow managed to lose a part of it's output jack. When I tried to remember how it looks like to replace it, it turned out I never really looked at it, and have no idea. Also, can't find anyone else in Croatia who has the same bass to see it, and no photos on the net. So I was wondering if you could do me a huge favor and send me the photo of Cort Arona output jack? Thank you very much in advance and wish you luck with sale.

• 2 weeks later...