Why become a member? ×

Squier Classic Vibe 50's Precision LPB

OutToPlayJazz

[quote name='sticker' post='209325' date='May 30 2008, 03:05 AM']This is very probably a stupid question but why have the thumbrest below the stings like that ?

(presuming that is a thumbrest that is )[/quote]

because that's where Leo originally thought it should go... you used the rest as an anchor for your fingers to pull with while plucking downwards with your thumb. In that position, it's not a thumb rest but a "tug-bar".

[quote name='OutToPlayJazz' post='209308' date='May 30 2008, 01:22 AM']Not wanting to give you all GAS or anything, but...

[attachment=9187:lg_F3080502X.jpg][/quote]

extra tasty...

there's an oly white 60's jazz with tort pickuard in that range as well although for some stupid reason they're calling it a Precision bass...?????

[url="http://www.samash.com/catalog/showitem.asp?ItemPos=14&TempID=5&DepartmentID=2&STRID=24625&CategorySubID=180&CategoryID=180&BrandID=1469&CategorySubPriceRangeID=0&pagesize=10&SortMethod=3&Method=3&PriceRangeID=0&SearchPhrase=&Contains=&Search_Type=Department&GroupCode=&categorysubsearch=true"]http://www.samash.com/catalog/showitem.asp...ysubsearch=true[/url]

but I really do like that lake placid blue precision...

now I have serious GAS... which one do I get rid of to make way...

[quote name='Paul Cooke' post='209344' date='May 30 2008, 07:43 AM']because that's where Leo originally thought it should go... you used the rest as an anchor for your fingers to pull with while plucking downwards with your thumb. In that position, it's not a thumb rest but a "tug-bar".[/quote]

And thats because when the first electric basses came out, upright players were converting over and they wanted to play with thier thumbs.
Leo responded by putting that little block there!

Good Lord! That's really nice, not totally sold on the colour but it would go nicely with my green Jazz methinks! Shame I'm not in the position to be buying basses, actually the complete opposite just now :)
That's really nice though. I'm already planning the mods in my head :huh: Bridge looks to be more like a Gotoh than a Badass, albeit a bit longer than the likes of the 201 or 203. Not complaining mind, I never really got on board with the Badass looks, and the Gotoh is more than good enough for about half the price I reckon.

Edit: Gas list updated! Hopefully there's not a load of unsightly routing under the scratchplate, would be nice to hoik it off and let every bask in the glory of the LP blue! Oh yeah, decided I love the colour now :huh:

Edited by jono b