Why become a member? ×

New KIT RICHARDSON EP 'Love Songs in Age' now available.

xilddx

Ok, I always say this, sorry for posting this in GD rather than Recording, but not many peeps go there and there are a bunch of lovely fans on here, hence me posting this in GD :)

Our new EP [b]'Love Songs in Age'[/b] is now available on Bandcamp. You can buy downloads only, or buy a limited edition CD (with free downloads) hand painted, signed and numbered by Kitty herself. You can preview all the songs on Bandcamp before buying of course.

I really hope you like it, and Kit told me to thank you guys on Basschat for your amazing support! I completely agree, you've been so supportive and your feedback has been so valuable and heartwarming. Love from Kit, Ali, James, Kate, Sam, and me xx

[b]Bandcamp link here [url="http://kitrichardson.bandcamp.com/album/love-songs-in-age"]http://kitrichardson...ve-songs-in-age[/url][/b]

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJTcY_Wi1M0[/media]

And NOW! The Making of Love Songs in age :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B59JvPyt8DY

Edited by xilddx

[quote name='Bassman Sam' timestamp='1367268580' post='2063573']
Just bought the CD, bunged a tenner in to help with expenses. Looking forward to hearing the download when I get home from work.
[/quote]

SAM!! You can't do sh*t like that! :lol: But seriously, I can't believe how kind that is of you!! Thanks so much, I hope the music resonates with you.

Thank you x

[quote name='Mykesbass' timestamp='1367269022' post='2063582']
Broken my current vinyl habit to buy a copy! Look forward to hearing it, good luck with the release Nige.
[/quote]
Oh man, we'd love to do vinyl, but it's not feasible at the moment. Thanks for your support man, enjoy the record :) x

Just so it's clear, opinions are welcome, positive or negative. I got a bit of a slagging for being honest (although hopefully constructive) about a song posted by a BC member soliciting opinion, but really, it's good to know if you think it's good or sh*t, and why.

Thanks again for your very kind comments and support. It means so much to me. When I joined Basschat I was quite in awe of the vibe and expertise on here, and I find it a privilege and an honour to be making some of you happy listening to a band I'm so proud to be a part of.

Sorry, I'm on leave for a couple of days, basking in the pleasure of last night's launch gig, been at the Pinot Grigio, and feeling a little proud and loved up :D

xx

[quote name='xilddx' timestamp='1367238474' post='2062937']
Ok, I always say this, sorry for posting this in GD rather than Recording, but not many peeps go there and there are a bunch of lovely fans on here, hence me posting this in GD :)

Our new EP [b]'Love Songs in Age'[/b] is now available on Bandcamp. You can buy downloads only, or buy a limited edition CD (with free downloads) hand painted, signed and numbered by Kitty herself. You can preview all the songs on Bandcamp before buying of course.

I really hope you like it, and Kit told me to thank you guys on Basschat for your amazing support! I completely agree, you've been so supportive and your feedback has been so valuable and heartwarming. Love from Kit, Ali, James, Kate, Sam, and me xx

[b]Bandcamp link here [url="http://kitrichardson.bandcamp.com/album/love-songs-in-age"]http://kitrichardson...ve-songs-in-age[/url][/b]

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJTcY_Wi1M0[/media]
[/quote]

Wow! Pretty cool song, I reckon! At the start, I kind of went "I've just decided I don't like her voice" which just threw a spanner in the works, because she's a really good singer, and i'm so unable to decide now whether I like it or not! Great song all the same, despite my inability to make up my mind on Kit's voice! I'll buy a download if I find a few bob :)

[quote name='xilddx' timestamp='1367280274' post='2063739']
Just so it's clear, opinions are welcome, positive or negative. I got a bit of a slagging for being honest (although hopefully constructive) about a song posted by a BC member soliciting opinion, but really, it's good to know if you think it's good or sh*t, and why.

Thanks again for your very kind comments and support. It means so much to me. When I joined Basschat I was quite in awe of the vibe and expertise on here, and I find it a privilege and an honour to be making some of you happy listening to a band I'm so proud to be a part of.

Sorry, I'm on leave for a couple of days, basking in the pleasure of last night's launch gig, been at the Pinot Grigio, and feeling a little proud and loved up :D

xx
[/quote]

It's sh*t.

No, you know i'm joking ;)

[quote name='MiltyG565' timestamp='1367280313' post='2063740']
Wow! Pretty cool song, I reckon! At the start, I kind of went "I've just decided I don't like her voice" which just threw a spanner in the works, because she's a really good singer, and i'm so unable to decide now whether I like it or not! Great song all the same, despite my inability to make up my mind on Kit's voice! I'll buy a download if I find a few bob :)
[/quote]

Cheers man, I have a friend who really doesn't like Kit's voice. Voices are such personal things, that's why we identify with them so much. I very much appreciate your openness mate, thanks :)

[quote name='xilddx' timestamp='1367280730' post='2063748']
Cheers man, I have a friend who really doesn't like Kit's voice. Voices are such personal things, that's why we identify with them so much. I very much appreciate your openness mate, thanks :)
[/quote]

I wouldn't go as far as hate, but you're right, it's a really subjective thing. Personally, I think John Frusciante is my favourite vocalist of all time. He's at least the best male vocalist (for me), but Kit was never contending for that position anyway :D

Although I think i've heard a song that has this kind of theme (piano, building to a big rock kind of pop song with a solo female vocalist). In fact the similarities are incredible. You've never heard of Katherine Philippa, have you? I think yours has a lot more production value though.

[quote name='xilddx' timestamp='1367279585' post='2063731']
SAM!! You can't do sh*t like that! :lol: But seriously, I can't believe how kind that is of you!! Thanks so much, I hope the music resonates with you.

Thank you x
[/quote]

No worries Nigel, just home from work. Glass of red and headphone time now. BTW, Kit's spelt your name wrong on the bandcamp page.

[quote name='Bassman Sam' timestamp='1367282738' post='2063760']
No worries Nigel, just home from work. Glass of red and headphone time now. BTW, Kit's spelt your name wrong on the bandcamp page.
[/quote]
Apart from mine's white, I'm doing the same thing right now. Let's enjoy it together :D

Excellent stuff, I still can't get over how lovely that Private Universe cover is, the contrasting dynamics are inspired considering the original is so.... homogenous. Here by Pavement would be a great song to hear given the same treatment, if you take requests ;). The Settle is lovely, although the lyrics are pretty depressing, but those harmonics before everyone comes in are a touch of class, good job.

[quote name='bobbass4k' timestamp='1367284005' post='2063768']
Excellent stuff, I still can't get over how lovely that Private Universe cover is, the contrasting dynamics are inspired considering the original is so.... homogenous. Here by Pavement would be a great song to hear given the same treatment, if you take requests ;). The Settle is lovely, although the lyrics are pretty depressing, but those harmonics before everyone comes in are a touch of class, good job.
[/quote]

Thanks Bob! I'll suggest Here, you never know :)

Yeah, The Settle's words are dark, I love that song though. Thanks for the compliment re the harmonics, although they are fretted notes, my theory is poor but I think it's a tritone, G Bb G. The preceding swelled distorted chords are bass too.

Thanks again mate, delighted you like the music :)