Why become a member? ×

SOLD - Hohner 'The Jack' Headless - with new EQ - SOLD
£225

davehux

I bought this Hohner Jack off a BC'er recently as a fixer-upper with a faulty active circuit. Seems to be a common fault on these basses, as it's rarer to see one for sale with a working EQ these days.

I've removed the dud pre-amp and the 3 original pots (which were stiff and scratchy as well), and replaced them with a brand new Artec SE2a 2 band EQ. I've modded it slightly so that it uses the original battery compartment connections, and by using the original toggle switch, I've kept the active/passive function, so you can still use it if the battery fails (Artec claim 4000hrs use on a battery)

In active mode, you have Volume-Blend-Bass/Treble controls. In passive mode, you have Volume-Blend.

The Bass/Treble stacked pot uses different sized shafts to the original, so I've had to buy a new stacked knob set for it. The Volume and Blend knobs are the originals. You can either clean the old ones, or dirty the new ones to match ;)

Sounds good in passive mode, with it's EMG designed humbuckers, but flick in the active and it really kicks off. Plenty of depth and control, and when you wind the bass up to full, it can shake the house down.

The neck is fine and action is nice and playable.

There are a few dings on the underside and some very small ones on the neck, plus the battery cover lid was broken when I got it, but has been repaired. I'll be taking the Schaller buttons off it and putting the originals back on before dispatch.

Yours for [s]£225[/s] [b]£200 [/b]delivered to a UK mainland address

Edited by davehux