Why become a member? ×

John Taylor's Aria SB1000

Clarky72

Does anyone have more geek knowledge than me?

Anyone know what happened to JT's old black SB1000 that he last used on the 7 & Ragged Tiger tour?

I've been offered what seems pretty much like it could well be his old bass but wondering if anyone has any knowledge on it. It was apparently sold by his tech to a dealer in the US just before the DD reformation when he started using SB1000-RT's, this dealer is trying to sell it. The story seems viable, whether it his bass is a different matter.

Any info anyone has would be appreciated. Any abuse for me being a fan-boy welcome too :P

Depends on who you are I guess. If you're a massive fan of DD and John Taylor was the reason you picked up a bass then I guess it would be worth more to you... or me.

Turns out that the bass is almost definitely not his, John had a look at the bass and is pretty sure it's not his old one. Lucky escape, i got the mail just after I'd bid £850 on it, luckily I was outbid!

- Edit. Damn my keyboard and the sticky c key... the above is now in English

Edited by Clarky72