Why become a member? ×

Tour posters of your favourite bands.

Have any of you got any framed? Do you display them in a place other than the bedroom? Have you got any that will be with you forever?
Many questions;) it's just that I'm looking at my master of puppets tour poster,and am not sure what to do with it.(apart from the obvious;) it may go altogether.
Really want a decent live Rammstein live one tho'.
Over to you

Not a tour poster with all the dates on, but i bought a poster when i saw Tyler Ward last year, got it signed by him and his band and also got a personal thankyou off him for being the life of the crowd. It's on my bedroom wall at the moment, but its my only poster that still looks brand new, and it's going to stay that way.

Liam

For quite a few up in the house, combo of gigs I've been to, and gigs that jut had cool posters.

Pretty much bought all of them from the Richard Goodall gallery in Manchester.

Except for one Dismemberment Plan poster I nabbed off a wall from the gig I was at in Hollywood years back.

Got quite a few when I was "studying" in Leeds 1973-1976. Think my favourite is Steely Dan when they were on at Leeds Uni which is a pastiche of Desperate Dan. May post a photo of it tomorrow....Mrs Y5S was only saying the other day, I should get them framed and display them.

My house is a series of old rock n roll art - I have tour posters from the Stax Revue to the Rolling Stones, autographed pictures, original art by rock stars and lots of music related canvases. If it wasn't obvious I'm divorced and live alone ;)

Well, as someone who is the same age as Metallica , slayer etc. I made a few decisions over the years regarding whether they were worth hanging onto.
For example, I found a few old posters in the loft a few years back. Ac/dc fly on the wall tour- did I wanna keep looking at a grown man in short trouser?
F@@k no! In the bin it went . Slayer reign in blood .. No tour dates , and basically just the album cover.. In the bin.

Still have (I think in the loft) a green maiden killers poster. I may stick it in the kitchen. I have just found a Helloween / overkill poster in my wardrobe,due to upheaval, I forgot about it. Think that will now be framed, and put in living room. Looks better than the MOP one to be honest.
Shame I haven't dot a Celtic frost one. Pics soon I guess;)

[quote name='bagsieblue' timestamp='1367669824' post='2068170']
My First Gig, Manchester Apollo on this Tour......

[IMG]http://i39.tinypic.com/33w9z52.jpg[/IMG]
[/quote]

Cool ;) saw them at the forum . Think it was the F@@king hostile tour or something. Trouble is, I haven't much memory of it.