Why become a member? ×

Fender experts: what pickups do I have?

Dom in Dorset

I have a 2006 US Standard Jazz, are the pickups Custom Shop '60s Single-Coil Jazz Bass? Fender use these on American Standard series now, but I seem to remember that the US Standard series was dropped from the range for a couple of years.
What do I have?
I may be looking to get hold of a matching set for a build I did a little while ago,

Not on the 2006 modle, no, these will be stock American Standard pickups, not sure if they're available to purchase anymore or at least I couldn't find on the site.

Your local Fender dealership may be able to find old stock for you or order new parts in but otherwise I'd suggest something like a Seymour Duncan Classic Stack STKJ1/2 but to get as close to that "stock" tone.

Wishing you all the best,

BSB

They didn't start fitting the 60's CS pickups to the Am St basses until early 2012 . Unless they have been changed , they will be standard pickups , which I think were the Fender Original series . You could give Fender U.K a ring and see if they have any to sell .

Edited by Dingus

They look to be the ones . As far as I know , they would be what Fender used in your bass , but please do whatever else you can to make absolutely sure that is the case before you part with your money - I would hate to steer you wrong . But in all likelihood they would be what Fender would out in an Am Standard bass . , I expect .

Edited by Dingus