Why become a member? ×

Really Small amp head

steviedee

EA Micro, absolutely teeny and weigh less than a gnat's nadgers! There's one FS on the forum right now (not mine). I use it for DB and electric as it has two channels, one designed for piezo pickup.

Edited by Clarky

The Doubler is just a Micro with added phase and notch filter on the left hand side. I can get all of that functionality for my DB by adding an fdeck (HPF high-pass filter pedal) into my signal chain in front of the Micro and of course you don't need those things at all if you are playing electric ... although you may want a Sansamp or similar if you want dirty sounds as the Micro doesn't do grit

In short its a very nifty little amp!

Edited by Clarky

Depending on sound required, I`d go for either GK MB200 if after a really crisp clinical - but still with plenty of grunt - sound, or Aguilar TH if after a warmer thicker, but still precise sound.

You could get a GB shuttle max 9.2 you get a clean and a valve channel in one amp, in a small and light box. I have just moved to one and couldn't be happier.
Cheers
Thebassman

Sorry, just read the thread again, I am sure my suggestion would be physically too big. It is very light, but quite deep.

Edited by thebassman