Why become a member? ×

EBS build quality

Guest McBass

Guest McBass

Anyone had issues with EBS build quality?
My Neo 410s had to have new plastic corners fitted, as the others had cracked. My Neogorm 210 had a broken handle spring when it was delivered, and now all the castors on the bottom have become loose and have basically fallen off.

None here, found it to be some the very best around, far superior to me old crashdown that was a total crock, as they are imho.
My gear was going in and out the van three or fours days a week to, so EBS very good quality there. I did have a problems with a markbass cab I had for a while, which really surprised me as their gear is usually top notch to, sorry to hear aboput your issues mate, still under any warranty?

Guest McBass

No, the combo only get's used once every three months or so. It's just over 2 years old, so no warranty. The Neo 410s were roadcased, i really do look after my gear. I also forgot to mention the crosstalk on my TD650. Maybe i've been unlucky....!

Crosstalk? Broken cab corners? Broken handle spring? Man, you seem very unlucky. Touch wood, I've had none of those problems - and my gear is out and about all the time.

I've only had one issue on my TD650 - which was an earthing problem causing cracking through the speakers. Easy remedy, the board had become loose - a quick tighten of the screws and a dab of silicon over the screw and I was good to go.

Guest McBass

[quote name='EBS_freak' timestamp='1367930884' post='2071124']
Crosstalk? Broken cab corners? Broken handle spring? Man, you seem very unlucky. Touch wood, I've had none of those problems - and my gear is out and about all the time.

I've only had one issue on my TD650 - which was an earthing problem causing cracking through the speakers. Easy remedy, the board had become loose - a quick tighten of the screws and a dab of silicon over the screw and I was good to go.
[/quote]
Yeah...it's a bit frustrating as i really like EBS. Even at trade price the gear cost a bloody fortune. :blush:

Never had a single issue with a piece of EBS kit. All my cabs have been shoved around in vans and in and out of venues and never broken a corner. I have found the EBS support really good, give them a shout and explain, sure they will ship you some new bits probably free.

[quote name='RhysP' timestamp='1367931945' post='2071135']
I'll never use EBS gear again after my GORM combo crapped out & both EBS & the UK supplier refused to have anything to do with it even though it was still under warranty.
[/quote]

Pretty crap to hear. :/

Guest McBass

I emailed them and sent Bo Engberg a private message too, hopefully they'll sort it out. EBS Freak cheers man, they sent a complete set for my 2 cabs.

Edited by McBass

Guest McBass

[quote name='EBS_freak' timestamp='1367932112' post='2071138']
Pretty crap to hear. :/
[/quote]

Bo Engberg is dealing with my problem personally. Nice chap :)

Rock solid build quality here as well..

The anti scuff anti scratch coating on the cabs is still standing up to odd attack from my kitties now and again.

My fafner amp had a few crackly pots after not being used for about 6 months... A quick spray with some contact cleaner on the pots sorted that out.

But even with top notch build quality and qc there can always be a bad one.

EBS guys are very helpful so maybe fling an email there way if you haven't already done so.