Why become a member? ×

My DBX rack compressor...

Walker

I took delivery of a DBX 166XL rack compressor yesterday, popped it into the FX loop of my SVT 4 Pro and had a play (after reading shed loads of stuff in books and online). Really happy with my first hour or two with it. I'm a relatively inexperienced player (3 years) who is still a bit cack-handed and this helps tame my over enthusiastic in inconsistent playing.

Before I go ant further, is the FX loop the correct place to put it? I don't use any (other) effects at all.

Also, when I play live, I use a VT Bass Deluxe straight into the PA. Where in the signal chain should I put the DBX in that situation?

I've posted this in 'technical' rather than 'effects' as it's rack based and not really an effect!

Many thanks,

Chris

If it's anything like my DBX160A, the DBX166XL will need a line level signal to drive it so the effects loop is the right place for it. Providing the loop is configured in series rather than parallel. Don't fully understand your live setup but if the bass goes directly into the VT Bass Deluxe and then to the pa, the DBX should come after the VT (again to get the line level signal it needs).