Why become a member? ×

Pretty Twisted -- But I Like It.

Lowender

Two classic songs arranged in a totally bizarre manner.

The first is an odd time signature version of "Eight days a week" with some slick bass.

The second is a bossa nova version of "The Trooper" which is both clever and funny.

It's completely insane but I believe shows a lot of skill and creativity.

In both cases, it's one guy playing all the parts.

Whattaya think?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwaZI8cwvnc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJkYGNiBkso

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Not a Maiden fan so I'm kind of indifferent to the second one (I can tell it's been ruined though), and the first one is really bad. The bass struggles to keep any time, let alone feel and is devoid of taste. Finally the 5/4 thing repulsed me. Not nice sounding, it's more like someone's attempt at being clever. [/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Brutal honesty, but yer did ask![/font][/color]

8 days a week is kind of interesting, I love odd time sigs and 5/4 is one of my favourites, it kind of works in the verses but the choruses are just a mess. It's possibly a bad thing to say on Basschat but the bass is just too damned loud, the mixing is awful. Trooper is kind of interesting too, but the original vocals don't work at all with the music, which is just the same parts played on bossa nova appropriate instruments, not overly inventive.