Why become a member? ×

Korg Pitchblack death

plunkrock

I just picked up a Korg Pitchblack from the forums recently and I had tested it briefly at home then took it to band practice on Thursday where it performed admirably running on 9V battery, much better/faster tracking than my Boss TU-2!

Take it out of my gig bag today for the first time since then and the thing seems to be dead as a doornail! Not working on battery, then tried my Boss PSA adaptor into it and nothing :( Out of curiosity I tried daisy chaining another pedal and that worked fine.

Anyone experienced this problem? I know they are a fairly popular pedal. Any suggestions?

Literally flipped my TU-2 yesterday - gutted! :(

Have you tried it without the battery in? If I recall correctly, my pitchblack for whatever reason took the battery as the dominant power source, so if the battery was dead then it wouldn't work with a power supply.

No problems with mine with this set up. Just checking the really obvious stuff, is the adapter plugged into the 'in' (far left looking from the rear) and not the one next to it? Sorry if these seems prosaic, but sometimes it's the simplest of things.

[quote name='plunkrock' timestamp='1368293538' post='2075412']

I work in IT so totally understand asking these questions :)
[/quote]Good to know, some folks get very uppity when the most basic suggestions are put forward (ex IT equipment engineer here).

If the power in is daisy chaining other effects but not powering the pedal itself then it sounds like a short or open circuit to me, not easy to check without a circuit diagram :( I've not had mine apart, so don't know how it's put together, but I would suggest taking as much apart as possible and reassembling. Sometimes that works.