Why become a member? ×

so i ordered a mesa flux drive

0175westwood29

hi guys

so currently im using a pro co rat, and a patch on my m5 for my dirt sounds, the rat gives a proper dirty overdrive sound in the m5 im using the colordrive patch which im using to get a different vibe of rat kinda sound, bit more treblely clank.

well i listened to a few videos of the flux drive on youtube and it seems to work with the sound of the amp and push it nicely! im thinking its probs gonna cut some lows but the terror is bass heavy how i have it set so hopefully it will all come together and give a nice fat overdrive sound, hopefully the eq on the pedal is as effective as it is on the videos.

if this works it'll free the m5 up to do delay an reverb duties.

andy

ok first play of it today and it looks like a winner, big fat overdrive even with max gain doesnt feel like there too much. this is only thru my small combo will try it thru my orange stack at practice on sunday and seeing the i have my terror set so its got a bit of grit in the sound should be pretty awesome as there does seem to be much loss of bass.

andy

• 8 months later...

Several of us in Sweden has gotten ourselves som Fluxdrives. A friend even put up his Darkglass B3K and Aguilar Aggro up for sale the other day after trying the Fluxdrive with the band a few times. Mine arrived today, but I haven't tried it yet. :)

Edited by bjelkeman