Why become a member? ×

Bass input cutting out - Lead moves in the input - FIXED!

MarkG3

Hello,

Just got a Fender P in a trade and it plays well apart from when I plugged it in the bass cuts in and out with a load of static noise when you wiggle the lead. I changed the leads and it still did it and tried the leads with another bass and it was fine. I have taken the scratch plate off and the soldering looks ok, but I may of worked out whats wrong I just don't know how to fix it.

Basically I noticed that when it is plugged in the lead comes back out by about 1mm and when pressed back in it works fine? I tried bending the metal connector in the input so it has more resistance when plugging in but that didn't seem to do anything?

I have contacted the other person in the trade to see if they know how to fix it but thought I would start a thread as well to see if I can get it repaired without having to take it to a tech.

Thanks

Edited by OBT1000_S12

Thanks! I was about to swap the inputs with another bass and noticed a nut was loose under the input, so tightened that and bent the hook bit a bit more and it now seems to of sorted it's self out! So no need for any new inputs it seems :D