Why become a member? ×

Old rickenbacker questions.....interesting!

Ampguitars

Hello!
I picked up an old maple glo rickenbacker copy, ibanez maybe?
Through neck construction, usual ric pick up configuration.
Plays great but nicely worn!
Had a couple of these over the years but this is interesting....and I wondered of anyone out there can add to this..
The scratch guard and bridge were replaced by myself and on taking the guard off, a previous owner had scratched 'rush' into the shielding underneath. It's pretty hard to make a mark in that stuff! Might be something....might be nothing! Naturally I have the guard still. Just seems odd! Would be nice to think one time it belonged to Mr Lee of rush but....who knows! It's got a story in sure! Maybe you owned this once?
Would be good to hear from anyone on this!

I suspect it was previously owned by a Rush fan rather than by Geddy Lee. I spent a lot of time going through what he used when and on what when I was playing in a Rush tribute (probably to a stupidly detailed level that I'm actually embarrassed to think about now). I've never seen Geddy Lee with a Mapleglo 4001 (faker or not), although he definitely had other Rickenbacker basses that didn't see live much action, so anything's possible I suppose.

No I'm not john hall whoever that is!
My name is chris and I'm a musician who is opening a used gear shop in Macclesfield on June 1st :-) amp guitars ....
The truss rod cover is blank but seems original.....this is the second one I have owned with a blank cover.
I'm keeping it for myself as its a great piece, just seemed odd to have done that in a peculiar place.
Maybe someone will say 'hey that was mine I did it'....just like to know the history of something like this.
Thanks for your messages!

I've taken lots of guitars and basses apart (and even re-assembled a few :) ) but all i've ever found (apart from someones initials) is a WW2 model aircraft sticker under a bridge cover of a 60s Japanese bass and 'kilroy woz ere' under a pickguard of an old Burns bass.

The search continues.........................