Why become a member? ×

power supply questions

oasislayback

Hi there,
first time poster here. im needing to buy a power supply for my pedal board. zero hum/noise is the main thing.
maybe if i list my pedals someone might be able to point out the best option?

korg DT10 / TC polytune
Pog 2
Boss ODB3
Boss GEB7
BMF aries fuzz
dunlop 105Q wah
Boss Re-20 delay.

will possibly swap out the boss od for a fulltone fulldrive, might add a phase 90 at somepoint too.

any thoughts?

cheers.

Edited by oasislayback

Guest FretNoMore

Couple of questions ... are your pedals all 9V, and, do you prefer a "wall wart" or a larger power supply?

I use a 1Spot adapter, it's small and can power all the 9V pedals you'd need (a whopping 1700mAh max). With a voltage doubler you could use it for 18V pedals as well.

As for larger power supplies, I have no personal experience.

I'm happy with my gigrig setup, generator has 5000ma to play with, and you can buy all sorts of modular add-ons to accommodate any DC pedal. Voodoo labs would be another option, possibly more suited to a smaller setup.

Hi guys, not to highjack thread but I've got two DOD pedals which are centre positive 9V power inputs and my rig is totally geared up for the opposite centre negative Boss style input.

I have brought two of those multi voltage and interchangeable tip chargers; however the input tip size doesn't fit snuggly and they don't work effectively at all.

Do you know of any manufactures of 9V power that would work well with the old DOD's.

Cheers guys

[quote name='clauster' timestamp='1369669034' post='2091389']
The RE20 is a digital pedal if I'm not mistaken. This MAY need it's own power source or an isolator if you want to avoid noise.
[/quote]

This. I use a 1spot for most of my pedals, but when I used to put a EHX Freeze pedal on the board it whined like a convicted politician. However, if I powered it (and nothing else) with the '9v out' feed from my Boss TU3 then it was lovely and quiet. Digital pedals can be very fussy about PSU chains.