Why become a member? ×

Hampshire-ite dropping by

Schpudd

So I'm new to Basschat (or else the introduction would be futile...) but I'm familiar with the friendly folk at MusicRadar. Maybe some of you will recognise me from there.

I recently bought a bass a couple of weeks ago (don't shoot me - an Ibanez SR300) and as luck has it I also found a bass project extremely quickly. Think old-school Metallica.

I've been playing guitar about 8 years now and I thought I'd switch to the dark side, or maybe it's the light side. But as corny as it sounds I hope it quenches my thirst for my lack of creativity lately.

I'll probably be picking up a cheap giggable bass head and combo at some point - so maybe I'll see you in the classifieds.

[b]For those who are too lazy to read all of the above: Hi there! [/b]

Hey Schpudd,

Welcome!
Now you may as well grab your comfy chair, coz shooting is not required just yet. SR300 reportedly is good stuff with lovely EQ. I lust after one myself after having read about them.

Anyway, enjoy!

best,
bert

Don't EVER EVER knock the Ibanez SR300!!!! It's a phenomenal bass for the money!!!

At this point I should say my main bass is the SR300 with the maple neck, my five string is the SR305 and I currently have a second SR300 being de-fretted for me as we speak as I want to "upgrade" my current fretless!!!!! So don't mock them, you have made (in my opinion) a very very wise purchase :P

Oh and welcome :D